anybody use a Bugflector?

• Man, this seems like such a noob question, but... does anybody have experience with a Bugflector on a Wrangler? Do they work? My windshield met a ton of bugs on my trip, and the lousy washer fluid nozzle design only covers the top half of the windshield. Drove me crazy, since i can't stand a dirty windshield! I'm wondering if one of those hood guard things would help for next years trip...

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Man, this seems like such a noob question, but... does anybody have experience with a Bugflector on a Wrangler? Do they work? My windshield met a ton of bugs on my trip, and the lousy washer fluid nozzle design only covers the top half of the windshield. Drove me crazy, since i can't stand a dirty windshield! I'm wondering if one of those hood guard things would help for next years trip...

Just like smoking cigarettes, bugflectors are good for you and make you look cool. :razz: I really doubt that they may any real difference on a flat windshield.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• I have a cheapo WADE deflector on my JK and it does make a slight difference. I won't jinx myself by saying it but I had to replace my orginal windshield before owning a deflector from all the chips and eventually cracks. I'd probably fork up a couple more bucks for a better one if I bought a new deflector.

• I think clear paint protection is the best way to go. Its a clear 3m film that protects the front of the hood. Bug deflectors really only protect the front of the hood. They dont prevent bugs from hitting the windshield, or so I've read.

http://www.amazon.com/Clear-Pa…ear+paint+protection+film

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Like most things in life there's no free lunch.

The non-aerodynamic ones certainly deflect a lot of stuff up and over. But they probably cost something in mpg.

The smooth curved ones help some in my opinion. You can tell when driving in snow.

• I think clear paint protection is the best way to go. Its a clear 3m film that protects the front of the hood. Bug deflectors really only protect the front of the hood. They dont prevent bugs from hitting the windshield, or so I've read.

http://www.amazon.com/Clear-Pa…ear+paint+protection+film

Maybe some only protect the hood, but others are intended to make a vertical air force to blow objects up into the normal over-the-roof flow. You can see it happen with a leaf without the deflector, but bugs don't have the surface area to get caught in that.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• if its the windshield dirt you are worried about, try using scrub blades (scrubblade.com) ive been using them for 6 years now between the FJCruiser and the JK. they are designed to clean as they wipe, and work awesome on flat windshields pair it with rainX at each oil change, and RainX washer fluid you are good to go.

• yeah, it's for the JK... the problem is that the 2012 windshield nozzle has lousy coverage and most of the drivers side doesn't get anything. So, the bug guts just smeared.

Jerry / Whatevah

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!