Transmission Help

• Uh oh...looks like have one on our hands. (heehee :innocent: )

:laughabove: Awesome!

I didn't think of taking it off before I took it down to the shop. The tech said it was no big deal. They even cleaned it and painted it so I can't complain at all. It was just a bit frustrating when it's already dark, I'm working via a headlamp, I'm wet and cold and was already in a crappy mood after fighting with the exhaust earlier. It's really not a big deal at all... just 2 bolts in a tight spot but I have a set of wratcheting closed end wrenches that'll make short work of it. :up:

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• ......aaaand we're back in business!

Got it all buttoned up minus the exhaust. Checked the trans fluid level again and it was good... no visible leaks anywhere. So after she was warmed up, I started with backing out of the driveway and a short trip to the end of the street and back. Shift from 1-2-3 was perfect. Next I drove around the block w/o any issues... except for the exhaust, or lack thereof! Then I took her out onto Salem Church Rd down to Old Balt Pk and then to the Royal Farms. Put some fresh fuel in her and drove back home. Never went above 50 mph or throttle to the floor. I got home and reinstalled the exhaust, much to the appreciation of my neighbors I'm sure.

So happy to be back in my Jeep! ;D :driving:

Thanks to everyone for your help and support! I love Jeepers!

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Congrats. Following this thread and thinking about doing a job like that in this winter's weather... (shakes head).

I used to think about buying a fuel-efficient vehicle.<br />Then I remembered I have a Jeep and can drive over sh*t.

• Congrats. Following this thread and thinking about doing a job like that in this winter's weather... (shakes head).

Oh yeah, there were many occasions of working alone in the dark with only a headlamp, trying not to rush too much and screw something up b/c it gets dark at 17:00, frustration when I did screw something up, being cold, numb hands, wet clothes and gloves.... the list goes on. I can't say it was all bad though! I do love working on the Jeep, I just wish it was in nore favorable conditions. But, all in all, I still enjoyed tackling the project and learning a lot of stuff I didn't know before.

Edit: I'm stopping by Deltrans after work today to thank the guys and show off Chloe. They were a huge help and they have my recommendation and future business. :up: :up:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!