Places to wheel close to Dover????

• Is there anything at all close by to go wheelin'? Something that I can go play around at for an afternoon without having to make a full day or weekend out of. I still have a couple of mod's to do before I can go up to Paragon or RC with the club. But, with the nice weather coming and not enough cash in pocket to get the mod's done sooner, the lack of dirt on my jeep is just killing me.

Anything at all???

• Nothing legal, sorry. Unless you have a friend with plenty of land who will give you permission to use it.

What mods do you need to get first? People take stock Jeeps up to PAP or RC, you don't need any mods to go there. We often recommend people go BEFORE modifying the Jeep to see how they want to build it.

• We also suggest that you learn to wheel in your stock jeep for a while, to get to know how it handles and how to drive off-road, before even thinking about raising it and putting on bigger tires. So skid plates would be a good place to start modifying...

• Quote from "BlueJ"

We also suggest that you learn to wheel in your stock jeep for a while, to get to know how it handles and how to drive off-road, before even thinking about raising it and putting on bigger tires. So skid plates would be a good place to start modifying...

Or...if your new to wheeling totally you might want to ride shot gun once or twice to make sure you're willing to take the risk of scratching and denting your vehicle.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Quote from "Slimer"

Or...if your new to wheeling totally you might want to ride shot gun once or twice to make sure you're willing to take the risk of scratching and denting your vehicle.

Or the risk of...well, worse things. :rolleyes:

I think riding along is the best way to get initiated. You can get used to all the sounds you'll hear without the stress of worrying about your ride. And as Andrew said, skid plates are a great place to start with mods.

It is a bummer that there isn't someplace closer to wheel, but I guess thems the breaks. It really is worth it to make the trips to PA though. Especially an overnighter.

• 1 hour south in DelMar Eastern Shore Jeep Association has a Parcel of land That is alot of fun and legal. Go to ESJA's website for details. Also you can go to and enter the Gumboro mud bogs if thats your cup of tea. I know they are fun to watch.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!