RC or RE??? (96 xj)

• Let me start by saying this isn't some pipe dream post. I sold my bike yesterday and have the cash to lift my xj.

I was looking at RE 3.5 and getting 31x10.50s, but I like a wider stance and like my tires to stick out a little further than the body so now I'm thinking 32x11.50s. I really dot wanna cut anything and the rough country 4.5 x series looks like it comes with everything I need other than SYE (RE leaves a lot out you have to buy separate, by the time it's all said and done it costs a couple hundred more than RC) and says it fits 32's. I read some reviews that say they had to do minor trimming for 32's, but I won't be doing much flexing in it. Mostly mud and sand, and of course, looking cool!!

The RC 4.5 is looking to be the most bang for my buck even though reviews are telling me RE is much better (already figured that) and I figure if it's a rough ride I can invest in some OME shocks or something to sorta compensate for that.

Any input would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you

It's a 96 xj

• RE doesn't have progressive rate springs, FWIW.

There are several 4.5" lifts RC sells (long arm, fixed short, adj short, springs, add a leaf). Which was the exact one you were looking at.

-Brad

Straight six or nuthin!
    1993 Jeep Wrangler Sport w/ splash graphics!
    1993 Dodge W-350 Cummins
    2006 BMW 325xi wagon.

• Or can I just put spacers shackles and shocks, change back spacing so wheels stick out some so I don't rub when turning (and get the stance I'm looking for) an throw some 31x10.50s on it and call it a day... A much cheaper day

I have a yj that I'm about to take off the road and it's gonna go under construction so it will be my real off road machine. This xj is just for some occasional mudding, I go surf fishing a lot, mostly on road driving though

• John, I'm sure you could probably call RC and have a progressive rate, 2.2, 3" kit put together.

Straight six or nuthin!
    1993 Jeep Wrangler Sport w/ splash graphics!
    1993 Dodge W-350 Cummins
    2006 BMW 325xi wagon.

• I've really been liking the 2.0's vs 2.2's lately but yes it wouldn't be a problem, 2.5" pro TJ coils and some 3/4 spacers up front sounds like a great ride to me

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!