Trout opening day for ponds this saturday!

• anybody planning on braving the cold and the crowds to fight these awesome fish opening day in dover or greenville? if so let me know!

• Ice fishing? :mrgreen:

:laughabove:

After many years of elbow to elbow, line tangling, saw one guy pull out a fish so I have to go stand on his hip nonsense, I have quit going opening day. The last 3 years I've waited a couple of days before wetting a line. I hate crowds and fishing to me is a release and a way to relax and enjoy myself. That's kinda hard to do with 100 guys standing around a 10' wide fishing hole.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• On a serious note, most of our ponds and lakes are still iced over. Our creeks and streams still have a bit of shoreline ice. I guess in lower De it's been warmer, but in the Wilmington area there was ice on the reservoirs last week. I use to ice fish heavily back when we had real winters, a favorite spot was Marsh Creek in Chester County PA. It is the largest lake in our area, the coves would always freeze good and thick but the main body would stay open usually due to thousands of geese and lots of wind. Was up there last week, it's the first time in my life that I saw the entire lake frozen and at thickness at or over a foot....

• hassel? yes...but at the same time seeing a guy walk to the complete opposite side f the pond talking crap is halarious...and the ponds down state arent like the creeks of NCC...they actually give you breathing space and casting space...and with it being a bit warmer i think the worst ice ive seen is just a little crust around the edge....just enough to cut the 3 lb line lol

• I will be out of town Friday night into Saturday. If we get back early enough Saturday, I MAY take my kids down by the old pump station that evening (against my better judgement but the kids really want to go). Depends on the size of the havoc taking place at White Clay. I do plan on going at some point Sunday just not sure if it'll be early morn or late evening.

Just a reminder to EVERYONE, the limit is 6 trout DAILY! ...not per trip!! I've seen some jacktards leaving with their limit and returning within an hour to catch more. I have no issue calling F&W if I see anyone abusing the honor system. I have no problem telling anyone that it was I who called either!

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!