** DEJA Trail Ride @ Rausch Creek - Sat April 5 2014 **

• Btw i doubt steve will be going anywhere. There is a long story with him involving a jeep accident and he pops in every once in a while when he can steal wifi. His family has him pretty restricted due to tramatic brain injury. its good to respond to him but the realality is i am not sure he will be able to make it out anywhere.

Hey Aaron... I agree with you to a point about when I can steal WiFi... but as far as me never ever being allowed out of the house to go anywhere... that simply isn't true.

1989 Wrangler (Islander package) [_]IIIII[_]
    SOA lift (I don't remember the specifics, sorry!)
    33x12.50"/15 BFG tires (I had these), OBA, CB
    Black American Racing AR767 wheels

• Didnt mean to make it sound like he was locked in the house, sorry steve. I just know with your injury its more difficult for u to get out sometimes.

• Is this looking like an accurate count?

1) Astape and Spedly
    2) Scrambled8
    3) JKGray10
    4) ConcreteCharlie

With a few maybes...2000Sahara, Kuntryboy816, and Solomi?

Looks like mid-50's and sunny up there on Saturday (OK, low 50's and partly cloudy...I'm an optimist).

• 1) Astape and Spedly
    2) Scrambled8
    3) JKGray10
    4) ConcreteCharlie
    5) NitroRubi

I would still like to get some comp coarse stuff in the afternoon.

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

• We had a good but COLD day on Saturday. Got to the park around 930ish, met up with the group. Astape, NitroRubi, me, and Spedly did our thing while Scrambled8 and ConcreteCharlie split into there own group to ride the trails of there choice. Overall it was a good first day out. I broke my already flimsy ram guard and Aaron had a slight temprature problem later in the day. Here's the few pictures I snapped during the day. Sorry Cody, I didnt get any of you.
    Getting ready to roll out
    [img width=1200 height=675]http://www.delawareja.com/gall…nloadItem&g2_itemId=44609[/img]

Aaron humping a rock
    [img width=1200 height=675]http://www.delawareja.com/gall…nloadItem&g2_itemId=44612[/img]

Playing on the comp course. As always, pictures never do any justice.
    [img width=675 height=1200]http://www.delawareja.com/gall…nloadItem&g2_itemId=44615[/img]

• Sleeper :up: Looks can be deceiving!!

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

• Looks like a great day of wheeling was had by everyone that went. Wish I could have been there!<br><br> One of these days, mark my words, I will be driving *MY* Jeep on a DEJA run, you can count on that! (I'm serious on this!) I'll be completely legal to drive, so friends far and near will be shocked to see me pop in! :D<br><br> Aaron, Paul, to name a couple... :)

1989 Wrangler (Islander package) [_]IIIII[_]
    SOA lift (I don't remember the specifics, sorry!)
    33x12.50"/15 BFG tires (I had these), OBA, CB
    Black American Racing AR767 wheels

• Scrambled8 and I had a fantastic day. We hooked up with a group from Jeff Daniels. They were great people. We were originally with their semi-cautious group doing Greens, and then we saw their modified Rubi group trundling by so we jumped in with them. That was pretty intense. Not sure where the heck we were half the time. I know we did an obstacle called "Camelback" a couple of times.

Then we dropped down to Lake Christy for lunch. We were looking at all the crazy routes back up from there and it slowly dawned on me, "Holy hell, I guess we're going to have to get out of here somehow." So, up we went. From there I just registered blurred signs that seemed to all be black. We went down some stream beds and up some stream beds and through multiple water holes and rock fields. I never would have believed my jeep (or I) could handle that stuff without diving in and trying it. If satisfaction can be measured by manic cackling and shouts of "Holy shit, that was INTENSE!" at every break, then I guess we reached that benchmark.

Of course, this was not without cost. I'm no mechanic, but the stream of high pressure fluid escaping from a hole in Scrambled8's radiator might be a cause for concern. I also knocked my steering wheel off true on some of the rocks. Just got it back from the local shop, good as new. I also used a liberal amount of black gloss spray paint on my rims and rocker guards.

When's the next trip?!?

PS - the Jeff Daniels people really were great. They took the time to set things right and get us moving again after a small submersion issue ( :spinrhead: ) and we weren't even part of their group to start with.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!