SPEAKING OF SOFT TOPS...i need help

• When it warms up a bit can someone help me remove my 4 door hardtop and put the soft top on? I live in Newark. The soft top is still hanging in the back from the factory. The dealer would not remove it for me, he only took out 4 bolts when I asked if he could remove it. I've got a 2014 JKU.

No big hurry....I will pay you in $$ or beer. :) Thanks. JOANNE

• I can give you a hand this weekend. Removing the hardtop isn't that hard, just awkward because of the weight distribution. Do you have the top folded back and two boxes? One box should have the windows and the other should have the door surrounds and hand screws.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Thanks guys!!! This weekend is not good for me but anytime after this weekend is good!! I do have 2 boxes that came with it. The entire soft top is still hanging up in the back of the Jeep from the factory.

What do you think of me buying one of those carts to hold the hard top? I'm going to store it in my shed in the backyard.

THANKS!!!!!

• Sounds like you have everything, occasionally a box goes missing before it's sold. You'll need to find a warm sunny day, otherwise the soft top will be a pain to lock in place because it needs to be warm to stretch.

For the cart, depends on the size of the shed. Most of the carts allow you to store it vertically, with a raised bar so it stays straight and doesn't put stress on the window. Some people just sit it on 2x4s so it's off the ground a little, or on sawhorses to store stuff under it.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Sounds like you have everything, occasionally a box goes missing before it's sold. You'll need to find a warm sunny day, otherwise the soft top will be a pain to lock in place because it needs to be warm to stretch.

For the cart, depends on the size of the shed. Most of the carts allow you to store it vertically, with a raised bar so it stays straight and doesn't put stress on the window. Some people just sit it on 2x4s so it's off the ground a little, or on sawhorses to store stuff under it.

So lets wait for a warmer weekend then, I'm free up until after 4/6. The shed has double doors. I have 2x4's and saw horses. This gal has tools! :mrgreen:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!