JK leak driver side

• Just bought a 2014 JK 2dr. the day i got it water was pouring in so i took it back and they fixed it the next week. But with all the rain we've been getting its starting to come in in another spot. Anyone else experience any problems like this? very frustrating since ei spent so much money on it and the first two weeks i have it, it has to be in the shop

• I had mine in 3 times in the first year for leaks in different spots. The last time I took it in they said it was their most expensive leak repair they ever paid. Lol

• I had mine in 3 times in the first year for leaks in different spots. The last time I took it in they said it was their most expensive leak repair they ever paid. Lol

I'm just going to keep taking it back until its right lol i get a loaner car, so i don't have to pay for gas for a couple days

• i had mine in after a hurricane floors had about an inch of water in it......they looked and looked and fixed a little tiny piece of foam up at the windshield...90% is fixed

they said there is a mod they can do to the weatherstripping that involves some cuts and slits...not sure it's worth it. I get the occasional leak, when i do i re-seat the soft top at the windshield and check the foam piece. it usually solves the problem.

this is on my 2012

I agree with the price/new vehicle statements...but in my personal opinion...it's a jeep i bring as much water in off my shoes, as the leak does...so im not concerned

• The first time they put new piece of foam on the passenger side doors. 2nd time they put new weatherstripping where the soft top meets the windshield. The last time they had to do all the doors and re-seal the firewall.

• Mine leaks on the driverside too. I found a water leak repair procedure on the interwebs and went to the dealership and bought Foam kit: 68026937AB. I just cleans some of the areas on the header and along the side and added some of the foam. It held all last summer and in the long run is cheaper and will save you hours of your life running to the dealership. here's a link to the wter leak procedure you can download.
    click for image

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!