is it happening?? P0302

• So this morning, i got the dreaded P0302 code on my 2012 3.6....should i be worried? it's running fine, gas mileage is fine... have an email in to the dealer to see what to expect. THis is the "dreaded bad head code" but mine was built after the cutoff, from what i hear. just over 29,000 miles on the clock...time to start finding my oil change documentation....

• Why do you need the oil change documents? Should be covered under powertrain warranty... We keep the heads in stock here and can have you in and out in one day usually...

• that's good to hear...i do my own oil/fluid changes and document everything. It's at the dealership now (country dodge in Oxford) because they were doing the "chafing" recall) they will look at it tomorrow

it's interesting how my Viper Smart Start system gave me a warning message with the code, and description. That's kinda cool for a remote start.

• Mine is around 28100 right now... thought I was in the clear! Do you know the build date for yours? Mine is October 2011.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Mine is around 28100 right now... thought I was in the clear! Do you know the build date for yours? Mine is October 2011.

not the exact, but i bought it new in July 2012, and it was fresh on the lot (not detailed off the truck)

• Completely different engine, you're fine. Just check the oil regularly, most of them burn oil (and a lot of it).

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I was told by a jeep tech friend of mine when I got our 2014 that the problem hasent been fixed or figured out. Apparently a group of chrysler engineers lost their jobs over not solving the problem. He said that it doensent happen to all of them and its not consistant in what mileage it happens at. He's seen motors come back with 5k on the od and motors with 50k. He said just get the full warrenty and theyll take care of it.

• I was told by a jeep tech friend of mine when I got our 2014 that the problem hasent been fixed or figured out. Apparently a group of chrysler engineers lost their jobs over not solving the problem. He said that it doensent happen to all of them and its not consistant in what mileage it happens at. He's seen motors come back with 5k on the od and motors with 50k. He said just get the full warrenty and theyll take care of it.

A our techs were told at school that the problem was resolved, and we shouldn't be having many more issues, sales on the heads have definitely slowed down in the past few months... I haven't seen the problem yet on my 2013 (knock on wood lol )

• Confirmed. Head is on order, and jeep is returned. Run as is till the parts come in. should be about a week.

im glad they are going for the gold, not sending me on my way with a ECU flash and saying all is well.

• new head is on...and seems to be running fine. high level of respect for Country Jeep/Dodge in Oxford. diagnosed, right to the point..no runaround.. scheduled on MY schedule, rental car, communication, and quick turn time. :up: :up: :up: :up:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!