how much money

• I have about $11000.00 total including purchase price in to mine, not including labor of course. this also includes all the steel and seats for the cage

• I bought mine for around 13K and have about 7K more into it and still going!

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• i bought my Yj for about 3k. last year i spent about 3k on it, and i just spent 5k this last week on it. i will have about another 1k to make it run for next month, then the cage and tires/rims, should be about 3-4k later this summer.

and thats cheap. go and have a custom axle made, like a 60/9. there 3k just for the front, with out shafts and brakes

• bought mine for $5600. w/80500 mi. on it. Minor repairs like rear brakes, cat.converter etc. maybe another $600. Now has 113,600 on it.

• I paid $1000 on it 12 years ago and have about $5000 or $6000 into it (not deducting the parts I sold to raise money for other parts).

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Not sure how much I've spent. I know I just put 2k into the engine. Proabaly another 10k at least. Since I built the jeep from pieces, there was no initial cost, so I guess it's not so bad.

• the easiest way for me to put it...... the equivilant to a small italian sports car. or a decent house.

a couple numbers from recent purchases.

motor, trans, tcase, driveline stuff, coilovers, seats, tubing, steel, adapters, misc stuff (ie guages, radiator shifter etc)

roughly 15k or so.... and thats just in the last year. doesnt include all the prior stuff.

then on top of that about 30k on a truck and trailer to tow the monster around.

• A lot of the things I've gotten have been gifts. I bought the XJ two years ago for $8k with 17k on the odometer. In the two years probaby about $1k has been dropped into it for lift, rims, tires, etc.

• $900 CJ-7
    $600 4 in lift and all accessories
    $370 tires
    $$850 lockers front and rear solid axels new brakes rotors,drums
    $800 replacement tub(used) windshield&frame(used) o mile new motor some assemblie required
    $2000 Bandaids, handcleaner and Gas for repete trips to parts store and Beer
    $100 for krylon paint job can't seem to decide keep changing it.

and that only reciepts that my wife knows about

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!