** DEJA Trail Ride @ Rausch Creek - Sat Aug 16 2014 **

• 1. YJDave +1 Green/blue --day tripping
    2. Jeffsjk + 3. What ever trails
    3. Tngent, Lovmi3kidz + 1 - Green/Blue - day trip probably bringing both jeeps, one lifted and one stock.
    4. Shorebird Blue/Black
    5. Hookedonthebay + 1 green/blue (tentative)
    6. Slowpoke -- Saturday only
    7. Tattookid85 Saturday only and blues, blacks, red
    8. Young_jeep Green/Blue Day (tentative) Day trip
    9.Daddanelena blues/black daytripper
    10. ConcreteCharlie - Day Trip
    11. JKGray10- Going to try to make it.

• Had a real blast today on the trails. Meet allot of new people from the club and the gang from Jeep Owners of America (facebook). Had an outstanding trail guide, thanks Randy. Have to give a great job to i think it was Young_jeep for an outstanding job for it being his first time out. Get it lifted and you can really have some fun. Also found out when we got home that one of the guys we meet there from facebook ruined his motor after we left. He is the last jeep in the video. The snorkel is just for looks, he has a super charger installed. Water and super charger don't work well together. We will be posting photos and video over the next couple of days for everyone's amusement.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10203693062000459

• Can't do a proper trail report because I never know where I am out there.

However, wanted to thank Jeff, Jay, and Bob (jeffsjk, slowpoke, and Hookedonthebay) for the help out there when I broke a valve stem and had a tire rapidly deflating. A stopgap was made with that wonder-product, Ducttape. After we determined that we couldn't safely lift the jeep on the trail, Bob followed me out on the tire with 7 lbs of air held back by the mighty tape.

Many thanks for cutting an afternoon short to help out, Bob. Also for saving me from a high-lift rearrangement of my jaw. Finally, I must admit that Bob warned me about those valve stems last trip out...and he never seemed tempted to even think, "I told you so"!

• I had a trail report all done yesterday, before I went to help with the Jeeps for Joy dinner, when my internet dropped out and I lost it. I'll try again tomorrow if I have service.

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!