Junk yard run!

• There are a few guys at B&H that can be dicks. They have a price list with just about anything you can think of on it. Ask for one next time before you go in. One guy in particular likes to make up prices and I've had to show him his own price list more than once. Often they will try and charge you extra for things. For Example, I helped a guy pull a complete rear axle from a car, busted ass to drag it up and they wanted extra for the disc brakes. I was about to tell them to pack sand but he pulled them off and left them right in the doorway. As for them helping you.... You are own your own. That's why is called "U" pull it. My suggestion next time you go is to bring a cordless sawzall, a cordless impact a big ass hammer and a high-lift jack. If you find something you want just cut it off the vehicle. If you need to lift something use the highlift and toss some old wheels under it for support. If you need to move something use the high-lift as a come-a-long. Also To the left of the entrance there are usually a few large carts for hauling big stuff. Otherwise bring your kids little red wagon or a hand truck if you don't want to carry back your newly retrieved prizes.
    Finally.... Since there aren't many u-pull-it places B&H sorta has you by the balls, but rest assured, I wouldn't hesitate to leave some obnoxiously sized parts right in the middle of their office if they tried to dick around with the "as written" pricing.

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• Good idea on the price list, thanks! Yeah, at some point I'll invest in a cordless impact. After last week's haul, I almost grabbed the kid's wagon but figured I was only going for the carrier and it wasn't far from the office. I didn't pack as many tools this time, only the essentials and I made sure I grabbed the tool bag with a shoulder strap. I get the fact that it's a DIY yard and I probably should've thought about it at the time the lift guy dropped the other Pathfinder to have him move it before he left. Oh well, live and learn. Luckily I had just barely enough room! Thank God for whoever came up with the idea to make ratcheting box wrenches!! I'm glad you mentioned using the HiLift. I'll remember that when it comes time to acquire a Ford 8.8. They had a ton of explorers in the yard...

I did notice that Bubba only checked that price list when he was pricing up my items. The guy who was running the register was completely nice and during both visits. Last w/e, I wasn't aware of the $2 entrance fee. He told me that he would later add it into the price of the items I pulled. When I reminded him, he said don't worry about it b/c just being honest enough to remind him was OK in his book. I also asked if they had any bottled water for sale and he gave Dave and I both a bottle straight outta the fridge. People like that will keep customers coming back for sure.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Jeremy I forgot to thank you for bringing 50lbs of tools and letting me borrow a few, so thank you. A bag with a shoulder strap is a must have. Mine saved me a lot of energy.

I agree some of their prices are steep but I just haggled with the big guy in a polite manner and he knocked 20 bucks off my total.

The free bottle of water was worth it's weight in gold after carrying all of our treasure the full length of that yard. A cart is definitely worth taking along.

Did you happen to ask for a price on that 8.8 rear.? I would like to grab one soon too to start prepping it for the swap.

• Hey, no sweat! ...well figuratvely, lol. I didn't ask yet since it'll be next year or so before I'm ready to look at upgrading. I'll see about getting a price list from them but it might be a few weeks before I get back there.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!