Old Guys Rule

• Just wanted to share some good fortune I had this year. I took all 3 gold medals in this years Delaware Senior Olympics for cycling. The events I won are the 5K and 10K time trials and the 40K road race. I broke the Delaware Senior Olympic record for the 40K road race by over 5 minutes. 25 miles in one hour. Lots of hard training and a great bike helped me win. I just got my official invitation from the National Senior Olympics federation to participate in the National races in Minnesota in July. Not bad for a 70 year old, old fart. :laughing:

• Great job Ray. I'm a cyclist too and I know how hard it can be at times. :up:

When a man lies, he murders some part of the world.  These are the pale deaths, which men miscall their lives.  All this I cannot bear to witness any longer.  Cannot the kingdom of salvation, take me home.

• That's Awesome!

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• That's great! We started running last year and have run in a few 5K runs for charity events. We just do it for the exercise and try to improve our own personal time. Although we aren't competitive I always look at the times of others and try to figure out what place I came in relative to people in my age group, and then see how the next younger group is doing and how I compare. I generally come in the top third. Once I came in 3rd place in my age group. Of course there were only 10 people in my age group but I discounted that. :innocent:

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• That's great! We started running last year and have run in a few 5K runs for charity events. We just do it for the exercise and try to improve our own personal time. Although we aren't competitive I always look at the times of others and try to figure out what place I came in relative to people in my age group, and then see how the next younger group is doing and how I compare. I generally come in the top third. Once I came in 3rd place in my age group. Of course there were only 10 people in my age group but I discounted that. :innocent:

Good for you, at least you are out there trying. The health benefits will pay off and you will feel better.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!