best swimming spot in delaware

• hehe isn't like we have many options. Lums Pond is more of a petri dish than a water hole.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• As a kid I used to go to church camp every summer [dramatic pause to let that sink in] and they would take us to Lums Pond to go swimming. We used to call it Scums Pond and no one would go in the water. Oh and I grew up in Jersey near the, at the time, worlds second most polluted lake so my standards were pretty low and I still didn't go in Lums Pond.

• As a kid I used to go to church camp every summer [dramatic pause to let that sink in] and they would take us to Lums Pond to go swimming. We used to call it Scums Pond and no one would go in the water. Oh and I grew up in Jersey near the, at the time, worlds second most polluted lake so my standards were pretty low and I still didn't go in Lums Pond.

Ha! I used to go to summer camp through the YWCA over in Newark. They used to take us to Lums a few times a week. Lots of awesome memories from my summers there! Caught many a turtle, frog, snake, critter in and out of those waters.. 1st introduced to D&D.. 1st girl crushing on me... God, I miss being a kid sometimes.

My brothers and I used to go down to White Clay Creek and splash around with friends. Tubing down the Brandywine was always a blast! I think it's high time we did that again!!

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• My friends brother almost died after cutting his foot in Lums and contracting Ecoli.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• I was a lifeguard at Lums, swam in it everyday. Best days were when the state would test the bacteria levels and shut it down for a few. Wonder if that's why I was sick that whole year.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!