Aftermarket Exhaust for my 2.5 TJ

• ISO a used aftermarket exhaust for my 97 TJ 4cyl. Does NOT have to be super shiny and polished or new. As long as it works well and can help open up the engine just a little. Hoping someone had one and took it off when they upgraded to a bigger engine.

• ISO a used aftermarket exhaust for my 97 TJ 4cyl. Does NOT have to be super shiny and polished or new. As long as it works well and can help open up the engine just a little. Hoping someone had one and took it off when they upgraded to a bigger engine.

I would peice together a magnaflow on summit. If you get universal parts vs prefit its half the price and then have a exhaust shop put it together for you. I used Mighty Muffler wich is near us on philadelphia pike although they are not cheap but they do great work with all stainless pipe thats mandrel bent in house. I think they will do non stainless if your looking to keep the cost down. Talk to Nelson if you go over there, he's the owner.

• Just so you know, exhaust won't give you any HP gains on a 2.5. Its already open. might let you hear the angry squirrels a little better. This topic has been debated many times, with a four, it is what it is. Now what will give you power is to regear if you are running larger tires.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• already re-geared to 4.88 with 33" tires. I am not necessarily looking for more HP, just hoping that maybe if I could just open it up a big more it would not be in struggle city going 65mph on the highway. I figure I will run this engine until it dies. Low end is great but if I had just a bit more power it would run a bit better. That is also why I am looking for used stuff and do not want to buy brand new.

• Theres a seller on EBay that does cat-backs for sub $100 with mandrel bent tubing. not sure if I can post his handle on here? I havent bought one yet but its on my too get list..

• Theres a seller on EBay that does cat-backs for sub $100 with mandrel bent tubing. not sure if I can post his handle on here? I havent bought one yet but its on my too get list..

can you PM me the link?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!