AC Compressor issues

• I could use a little troubleshooting help with my AC in my 98 TJ. My AC blows only warm air now. The R134a seems to be full. The key thing is that I cannot get the compressor to cycle. With no doors or windows on my TJ, it should be cycling a lot. I'm not willing to buy a new clutch without knowing exactly what the problem is. I tried jumping the hot wire directly to the battery and got no results, though I'm not sure I used the correct wire. I also switched the 20A fuse in the glovebox fuse panel, and I also switched the relay in the under the hood fuse panel box. I need to escalate this to someone with a bigger brain. I need this solved by Friday night. Ideas? Is there anyone with AC knowledge in the Dover area who'd be willing to look at it and help me diagnose the problem? Thanks.

Here is what the gauge looks like when connected to the low pressure side. It looks like this whether or not the engine is running, since the compressor isn't cycling on and off anyway.

When engaged in conversation with a fool, be sure he is not similarly engaged.
    Chief, DEJA Grammar Police

Edited once, last by Chief57 ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!