BFG mud terrain VS goodyear MTRs

• General consensus is GY are better on rocks than BFG, BFG is better in mud than GY, and overall I think people have been preferring the GY on the highway compared to the BFG. Personally, I had the BFG muds on my TJ and they did fine both in rocks, what little mud I subjected them to, and didn't have an issue on the highway. I've had zero experience with the current GY Kevlar version - only with the previous version and I liked them a lot. Had to keep up on the rotations though or you'd hear it right away. If sand is your "offroad" then maybe consider the new BFG all terrain as an option. Fine on the beach, better siping for rain/snow, and quieter on the highway. Probably fine on general offroad too so long as not all rock or deep mud.

• I recently went through the same issue. Went with GY MTR. I really like them. Only issue was they required extra weight to balance.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• What are your thoughts on the MTR over the Duratrac?

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• What are your thoughts on the MTR over the Duratrac?

Depends on the use...we have kevlar MTR's on Jen's TJ and Duratrac's on the WJ. I'd definitely favor the MTR's for a rig that sees more offroad use but I have been really impressed with the Duratracs. They've handled mild offroad and the snow last year awesome.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!