TIRE balance

• I run about 12 oz of balancing beads in my 35" MTR's and have no vibrations at all. Centramatic discs work very well also but I wouldn't waste the money. Balancing powder or beads will get you more bang for your buck without having to deal with weights that will rip off if you go off road.

• that's what they are called. cool thanks for the info I have the disks on the 33s on the yj just didn't think they would be enough for 44s

It depends on the tire and wheel combo. I run 37" sticky bias ply tires with Trail Ready bead locks with no balancing beads or anything and they don't vibrate at all at 80 MPH but I've also had new 33" tires that would error out the spin balancer because they were so off.

44" Swampers are going to be damn near impossible to balance. If the bolt pattern is the same, you may want to run the centramatic discs and 12 ounces or so of beads. Good luck!!!

• 1LB of beads per tire might be enough... I've heard of a lot of guys using golf balls inside their large swampers, though.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!