• DEJA brought over 600lbs of food to the table, very impressive considering this was a first time event and we threw a lot of it together at the last minute. I think we only had 6 or 7 Jeeps in attendance but Stapen brought the Peterbilt which a few of us rode up in so that counts for about 20 plus it was the middle of the workday so you can only expect so many. Total Jeep count was 128 I believe. Sandtostand and I got on the radio for a minute and were able to give a little plug for DEJA and keith.eric did the same for Jeeps for Joy.

We had the happy hour at Grain on Main which raised about $76 (which means our bill was about $380), they were kind enough to raise the donation to an even $100.

I liked it, I thought it was a great event and cause. I would definitely consider doing this again next year if the members are into it. Hopefully next year the Jeep portion of Campout for Hunger will get an evening spot so more people can attend.

http://imgur.com/a/rCqcg

• Having an 8pm slot versus our 1:30pm alot have then a nice advantage of attending after the work day, not sure what final count was but yea they did have more cars and they did collect more food with the backing of several Porsche dealerships. That being said they only had 7000 lbs of food last year, I'd say that this being the first year for the jeep crowd we did awesome with just over 12,000 lbs of food

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!