Spare gears

• While I was waiting, I took care of some other items. The best way to work on under dash wiring is standing where the transmission goes and working overhead. I put in a dual air/fuel gauge to replace the old single one. I cleaned up a bunch of wiring for LED lights that I put in after the main build. I finally wired the line-lock for the front brakes. Now I can do a burnout to help break the gears in. I also wired up my bluetooth amp and a set of speakers that even I can hear. And I finished up the wiring for my tow bar and trailer hitch.
    The air/ fuel gauge is the coolest thing going for a carbureted vehicle. I don't know how I ever tuned anything without one. The motor I'm running is a dauntless v6 that was in the jeep when I got it. I put in a timing set and water pump and pan gasket, rebuilt the carb and distributor, and it started right up. I was Leary about it because of the mud that was in a couple of exhaust ports on the drivers side. My old sensor was on the passenger side, and I didn't really want to see the driver side reading. Turns out that it's about the same as the other side, what a relief!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!