Starting Mods but don't know what to do

• I know the look i'm going for with my 2012 JKU but don't know how to get there. I'm new to all this and not mechanically inclined at all. Through other forums I think i want a teraflex leveling kit, 33s or 35s, maybe duratracs, and some new wheels. currently it is stock with 3.21 gearing. it is my daily driver and transports kids around. i want a wider stance and a little more vertical room for beefier tires. is there a local dealer/shop you trust where i can go (i'm in the MOT/Smyrna area) to get some help with the selection/sizing as well as install? also, is there anywhere i can go to look at some jeeps with leveling kits and 33/35s? i'd love to see some examples up close. any help is greatly appreciated. thanks.

• Welcome! And welcome to the "madness" of Jeep mods. If you come out to some of our functions, you'll see all levels of modifications. From mild mall crawlers to all out competition rigs. Most are in the middle.

There are plenty of club members that will help you along the way.

• Welcome! And welcome to the "madness" of Jeep mods. If you come out to some of our functions, you'll see all levels of modifications. From mild mall crawlers to all out competition rigs. Most are in the middle.

There are plenty of club members that will help you along the way.

Like Glenn said , come out to some events and take a look around at all of the different mods and talk to the owners to get their input on what they have done and what they may have possibly done different. After you figure out what you want to do, we have some pretty talented members who can do the job and do it right.

• I'm going to make a suggestion as I did all of this for my sister 2 years ago on her JKU. Its street driven and the 4wd will be used in snow and her back yard for the most part. She wanted the look so I had her get the 2 inch zone offroad spacer kit without shocks, cost $130 and took me about an hour to put it in by myself in the driveway. She spent a chunk of money on some black aluminum wheels and nice Cooper mud tires (33's). It looks great and still rides decent.

On a JKU, a 3 inch lift will give you enough room to run 35's, but your gearing won't be happy. She only jumped up an inch or so in tire size and has the automatic so shes still happy with how it moves.

• I'm going to make a suggestion as I did all of this for my sister 2 years ago on her JKU. Its street driven and the 4wd will be used in snow and her back yard for the most part. She wanted the look so I had her get the 2 inch zone offroad spacer kit without shocks, cost $130 and took me about an hour to put it in by myself in the driveway. She spent a chunk of money on some black aluminum wheels and nice Cooper mud tires (33's). It looks great and still rides decent.

On a JKU, a 3 inch lift will give you enough room to run 35's, but your gearing won't be happy. She only jumped up an inch or so in tire size and has the automatic so shes still happy with how it moves.

did she get the cooper stt pro tires? they are one of the 4 i'm looking at.

Cooper STT pro
    Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ
    MT Deegan 38
    Dick Cepek Extreme Country

thoughts on these?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!