• I'm considering this. I've already planned on the club ride the following week. I don't know if I want to go two weeks in a row.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• The west property is cool, I got to see it a few years ago before the first Jamboree. Have fun!

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Anthracite was awesome! It was Wayne, Randy, Wayne, Debbie, and me. Wayne (daddanelena) made the first trail repair of the day in the parking lot when he failed to shift into 4-wheel drive without breakage. We nonetheless hit the trails by the usual DeJA roll-out time (10:00 a.m. -- just kidding). The blues were looking a little lame until we came to a rocky line going about 300 feet straight up to a ridge line. I attacked it at a crawl and got about 3/4 of the way up on wet, slippery rocks before my rear locker blew a fuse. Both Waynes got up it fine, then Debbie attacked at about 30 mph in her open/open JK 2-door on 33s and made it all the way to the top without a pause, except that she tore off a couple of those cute JK flenders. Fortunately, no fragile male egos were present or it would have been really bad. Then Randy decided to crawl it and set a very high mark for trail carnage of the year -- got right to the top and broke the rear drive shaft and both front axles all at once, then went into free fall all the way to the bottom. Only veteran driving skills and nerves of steel kept the ol' skipper upright on four wheels. Daddanelena helped Randy limp back to the parking lot and Wayne, Debbie and I set out looking for easier blues. (There's a black right next to the blue climb for those who like that sort of thing). We drove around in circles under my leadership for a while, then found a large area of "blues" that I would call blue-black to black. There was a gang of enormous Land Rovers making it all look hard. Once they cleared out, I crawled all the way up to the top ledge (with help from Wayne moving about a ton of rocks under my wheels). Wayne promised not to tell, but I had to be winched over the last hump by a guy in a Land Rover. The shame!

Overall, Rausch has a lot more short, hard, blue and black trails, but Anthracite has a few big ones that can keep you going most of a day, and we didn't make it over to the new property yet at all. Oh, and except for the Land Rovers we had the whole place to ourselves.

• Great trail report! Sounds like a fun and memorable day.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!