YJ to 4.3 l gm engine sway

• Aaron has a 4.3 in his YJ, and uses a Griffin radiator, you would need to ask him what model he used.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Aaron has a 4.3 in his YJ, and uses a Griffin radiator, you would need to ask him what model he used.

Wrong and wrong but not that far off.

I run a 3.5l gm shortstar and i have a ron davis off road rad. Its rated for a 500hp ls motor. For the 4.3 get the largest griffin that will fit with the highest output cfm fans u can get. U have to check the fans because they will sell it with different ones and not specify. U should be able to get around 3200 cfm. I just made custom brackets but if u can tig or know someone they can add mounts. If using a factory fan it should pull enough air too but it might not fit and u will need a shroud.

• i put a 4.3 in my yj once. I remember the ports being on the wrong side so it seems like i bought a rad made for a sbc conversion that bolted right in.
    I never actually drove it to see how it worked. I ended up doing the short star when Aaron did and for that i bought an alum rad. Might have been a ron davis also, but I remember. Just remember it was alum and expensive

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!