Shackle relocation

• I just got done installing the shackle relocation brackets on my 1996 XJ. I know I may have to get new shocks but wondering if I should have any other worries? Like the shackle cutting to the brackets at all or anything of that matter

My White 96 XJ is my obsession.<br />My Jeep is a work in process, but doesn&#039;t mean it can&#039;t do what yours does. <br />Don&#039;t Tread On Me!<br />Jeeps don&#039;t get speeding tickets, they get tickets for being Badass!

• And should I worry about changing the shackles

My White 96 XJ is my obsession.<br />My Jeep is a work in process, but doesn&#039;t mean it can&#039;t do what yours does. <br />Don&#039;t Tread On Me!<br />Jeeps don&#039;t get speeding tickets, they get tickets for being Badass!

• As long as the frame there is structurally sound, it shouldn't be a major project. If the kit you use doesn't include new shackles, it's smart to replace your stock ones with either new stock ones or a heavy duty version, just because you don't want to keep 20 year-old rusty shackles when you have the chance to replace them easily.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!