Susp lift = Brake change?

• I have a '80 CJ7 and just added a 4" suspension lift from "Rough Country". I bought this kit with the shocks but no brake lines. The original rubber brake hoses should probably be replaced and I've seen some kits that offer the longer hoses for front and back. Does anybody have expereince with this? I'm wondering if the lift will result in more flex on the axle and damage to the brake lines and hoses. :shrug:

• I have had my 4" lift and 1.5" shackles on for about 3 years with the stock break lines, with no problems...You just have to bend them alittle. I bought the line when I put the lift on, just never installed them. The right thing to do would be replace them.....Which I will be doing when I go SOA in the next month or so.

• I had the same lift on the same jeep.. I liked it. I did choose to install longer brakes lines. Not at first but I did get around to putting them on.

• I think you can get brake lines from a chevy truck that will be longer and work. I forget what year it is though.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• There is a post on another board and can be found on the internet that gives Raybestos part numbers for longer brake line hoses. I'm going on a wheelin' trip next weekend and really need to check this out. if I were to rip out one of these lines it could be a little bit of a problem because I have to drive the Jeep home. Won't be home this weekend either!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!