Is this all worth it?

• I am getting ready to replace some worn parts. Wheel bearings, ball joints and u joints. I have the bearings (tamkin). I want to do the rest all together since I'll have it torn apart anyway. Is this package deal worth it or should I break it up more and save money getting different brands?

Jeep XJ (Lifted 2", Misc. goodies inside, 195k on body, 85k on inline 6) Jeep WJ (Stock, 236k on inline 6)

• Do you really need the new stub shafts?? I just replaced front unit bearing(Timken) along with the stub shaft u joint (it was literally falling apart) for 96.00 in parts. My stub shafts were fine.

• I don't think so. I was just wondering if I should replace as much as possible while being there. And sorry, I meant timken bearings. I'll look for just the ball joints and u joints. What brand did you go with?

Jeep XJ (Lifted 2", Misc. goodies inside, 195k on body, 85k on inline 6) Jeep WJ (Stock, 236k on inline 6)

• I used the Timken unit bearing and the heavy duty Moog u joint, advanced autos price on the Timken was $70 and the stub shaft u joints were $24 each. I did not need to do ball joints.

• Do you really need the new stub shafts?? I just replaced front unit bearing(Timken) along with the stub shaft u joint (it was literally falling apart) for 96.00 in parts. My stub shafts were fine.

This. Unless they're broken or the ears are bent/mangled from breaking a joint I'd skip the stubs. Definitely look at doing the unit bearings depending on the mileage if you're looking to freshen everything.

--Ian

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!