DeJA GWNF III - Stocker Trail Ride - September 9-11th, 2005

• i was just wondering acus ei was thinking of going but only if i am not the only one camping.

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• Quote from "omaha"

how many people are camping?

You mean there's a choice? :spinrhead: I for one will have my tent, sleepin bag, and coolor readily available.

• Quote from "jeeprubicon"

i would love to reread the thread but it's way to loooooooooooong
    so someone give me the short short version
    no matter what ill be camping

Get up.

Drive to GWNF.

Ride, eat, drink, sleep.
    Get up.
    Repeat.

Drive home.

• wow u'll make a great teacher there buddy
    thanks for the tips

• I am already packing for this trip. Do we have times already for groups heading out? Are we camping at the usual site or the camp ground? Doesnt matter to me. I am most likely to leave on Friday after 1200 pm due to my son is starting kindergarden this year and dont want him to miss to many days right off the bat.

Can't wait to go as we have always had a good time, even in the rain.

• Quote from "Keith_C"

Did you already forget everything you learned last time you were there ?

yeah pretty much
    everytime i learn something new the old info. gets pushed out

• GWNF so far...

We're leaving Friday early AM from the Wawa in north Dover. Other groups will meet elsewhere to catch up with us along the way. There is usually a group from the beach, a group from Wilmington, and a group from more north (PA and NJ). It will become apparent who is leaving from where and when as we get closer. We are going DIRECTLY to the Brandywine Campground near the damn, a few miles north of the Kephart Run trail head. If they have room for us all, we will camp there. That campground has basic facilities. Google it if you want to know more. If they are full, or can't take all of us, we'll go back down to Kephart Run and camp there as usual. Those staying at the hotel are most likely staying at the Jamisson Inn in Harrisonburg. Google it if you want to know more. If the weather looks sketchy the week before, I am calling to make myself a reservation somewhere as well, but as of now, I plan on camping.

The forest trails are free, the campground probably has a small fee. A CB would be a really good idea, but it is only good in close. CELL PHONES DO NOT WORK WELL THERE, IF AT ALL.

Campground link: Brandywine Creek (the northern end of where we ride):
    http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/gwj/dr…/camping/brandywine.shtml

DrJ

• when is the last day I need to let you guy's know if I am coming... I start school august 29th and don't know what my workload is gonna look like...I don't have class on weekends..but with work and all I just want to see how if I can balance this out..

• Goldey Beacom..... OH and let me refraze this.... How difficult is this trail....cuz I think it might be a good idea for me to get some PASSENGER seat time... if its not difficult and the group thinks it would be a good idea as a take on trail...what do you guys think...

• Quote from "joshnextre"

Goldey Beacom..... OH and let me refraze this.... How difficult is this trail....cuz I think it might be a good idea for me to get some PASSENGER seat time... if its not difficult and the group thinks it would be a good idea as a take on trail...what do you guys think...

A stock TJ will do just fine.

Drive your own, or you will wish you had.

• I'm in the the middle of a doctorate, I'm teaching a class in black and white photography, and I'm going. Just be there. Bring your books, you can read by the campfire and use a cold beer to hold the book open to the right chapter.

:peace:

• My wife and I really want to attend. We would have to head out Friday eve. We are considering camping, if we have facilities but would like to make hotel reservations in case of bad weather. How late does the hotel let you cancel your reservations before they charge you? Also, we will be bringing our two year old, does anyone forsee a problem with bringing the little one? Thanks in advance!
    Steve

• If I recall correctly, the Jamisson is very lenient on cancelations, 6pm that night I think. Kids are always welcomed, just keep them away from my Coronas. I think there are often more kids than adults on GWNF rides.

• Thanks for the reply, I will put my vacation request in for Friday the 9th tomorrow and if it goes through you can count us in for sure. Hope to see you there!
    Steve
    P.S.- You don't have to worry about my boy getting into the Corona's I have started him off on Coors Light (you need to take it slow with the little ones.....j/k :rollsmile: )

• Yes we do. We're leaving on Friday morning though. On Sunday, maybe we'll go up and over instead, it is really about the same distance either way. Thanks for the heads up, and don't forget to remind us the week we leave.

DrJ

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!