DeJA GWNF III - Stocker Trail Ride - September 9-11th, 2005

• Patti, I googled it, but didn't find a map online. I'll try to call later today.

FYI...I may have steps for your TJ!!! What year is yours (I forget)?

• Only four have signed up, please go to the calendar and sign up!

LIMITED TIME OFFER!!!

Every fifth DeJA member signing up will receive a no expense paid trip to GWNF!!!!

DrJ

• Count me in! I'm fine with camping anywhere so long as there is fire and some good people.

Might be able to talk Wifey into joining us as well. Our daughter, on the other hand, will be "camping" with her grandmother... if Wifey comes along.

Only one question right now... are adult beverages welcomed? No plans on getting drunk, just a beer or two to relax after the day is all. I have no problem at all if its not "cool", just wanted to know so I don't twist off the cap and get all the dropped jaws and staring. :D

• Personally, I'd frown on someone sitting by the campfire, drinking heavily, and driving back to the hotel. Around the campfire though...count me in!!!! Hell, I've even got an opener bolted to my Jeep! As long as we're all aware of the kids, its all good!

DrJ

• I'm signed up for this now. GWNF trips are great. The trails last time were right on. A bit more than I was expecting, but still good for stock vehicles. All around a good time. I'll be interested to try it without the rain this time though.

• Well, Wifey is on board for this trip... it'll be her first trip in the Jeep that isn't on pavement. We got a babysitter scheduled as well.

So aside from some cataclysmic Jeep failure we are definitely going to be there.

• I'll be going with my wife as well. Seems she doesn't want Rob's wife to get to go on a Jeep trip without her. We will probably camp. I think her vote would be for the campground with facilities.

• The campground with facilities doesn't take reservations, but we will head there first thing. We should get there early afternoon on Friday, hopefully in time to secure enough campsites. Some of us can double up (two tents to a site) if necessary. Should we find them full, we'll go back to Kephart where we camped last time. Please be aware, Kephart has NO facilities except a few trees and a stream.

S.

• I am planning on going...but don't think the wife can do it due to back problems.

1990 YJ, 4" Rough Country Lift, 33x12.5 BFG MT, Some Custom Rattle Can Paint

• Quote from "ying"

...but don't think the wife can do it due to back problems.

There are jokes there, but I'll let it be. :D

I checked with Wifey and she's cool for camping with or without "facilities". The rest of you bringing your significant other might want to check to see if they are willing to camp "primitive" in case we do not get the site with facilities.

• now thats Its getting closer I can say I think my lady and I are going to be able to swing this trip, considering I missed the first two and regreted that...have a few questions though...

1. I dont mind camping primitive, prefer with facilities, but If I wanted to do hotel camping is anyone else staying at a local hotel? Whats It called and can I get the number so I can make reservations for the friday and saturday night in advance? If stayin at the hotel is out of the groups way to meet up or Its an Issue I dont mind camping

second question is what are the park fees for trail riding both days? besides my gas, food, and hotel, are there any other fees?

02&#39; F250 SD w/ 285&#39;s and 17x9 1079&#39;s<br />99&#39; XJ w/ 8&quot; and 35&#39;s - GONE!<br /><br />I miss wheeling! :(

• Read the thread from the beginning to get up to speed. Hotels, etc. are mentioned as well as camping facilities. There are no fees to enter or use the forest.

• Quote from "DrJ"

I like the Jamisson Inn in Harrisonburg. Google it. Nice people, nice place, not very expensive.

DrJ

I had already read through but was unsure If this spot was a definate as I only saw that CJ7taz and his wife would be staying, thanks I guess I'll make my reservations....

02&#39; F250 SD w/ 285&#39;s and 17x9 1079&#39;s<br />99&#39; XJ w/ 8&quot; and 35&#39;s - GONE!<br /><br />I miss wheeling! :(

• Quote from "omaha"

how many people are camping?

I don't know if anyone has an actual count, we really didn't say to ask on the calendar. Regardless, the majority of people usually camp. We only had 3 or 4 hotel it last time I think. If we're at a site with facilities, more might be camping though.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!