Wheeling Rausch Creek - Saturday, May 7 - blues, BLACKS, maybe some reds

• Is there anyone who either:
    1. Can't make the Member ride on the 21st, yet still wants to wheel another day?
    2. Is going to the Member ride and also wants to wheel another day in May?

If you are paying attention to the threads in this Trail Runs forum, you may have read that I have a scheduling conflict and can't make the Member ride. I am available to go any other Saturday in May.

I want to run hard stuff. If you are lifted, locked, and loaded - Let's go.

I am putting up similar feelers on some other forums, trying to put together a group of three to five built rigs. When I get some response, I'll narrow down a date.

Anyone?

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

Edited once, last by altierior ().

• ... if you think my rig is built enough.

I dunno. Some days it is, and others your lockers don't work. :doh: :bang:

:innocent:

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• I can go May 7 if you think my rig is built enough.

Seriously, though... Yeah, let's plan on the 7th, which is next Saturday.

Maybe if I am less vague about a date then I have been in this thread, we can find one or two other rigs to go with us.

~ JD

• Now that we appear to have some specificity to this, I have updated the thread title.

~ JD

• BLUES
    , BLACKS, and REDS

1. altierior
    2. Slowpoke
    3. Daddanelena
    4. (your name here)

~ JD

• Does anyone want to ride shotgun?

~ JD

• Does anyone want to ride shotgun?

I may have a passenger lined up, but applications are still being accepted.

~ JD

• I have a fourth for our group.

BLUES
    , BLACKS, and REDS

1. altierior
    2. Slowpoke
    3. Daddanelena
    4. BeastYJ (from Rausch Creek forum)

~ JD

• The weather is looking good for tomorrow. Some rain forecast for the morning, no big deal. It should be warmer than the past few days.

I am not happy about all this rain this week. It is going to be a muddy, slippery mess. :upset:
    We might have to dial back our trail level choices. ;(

~ JD

• Sorry won't be making ride glad you have 3 good group not going into reasons personal ! hope to be out soon:(

Sorry to here that, buddy. I hope all is okay. I look forward to next time out with you. It's always a good time.

~ JD

• BeastYJ (from Rausch Creek forum) bailed. His YJ is topless.

~ JD

• 1. altierior
    2. Slowpoke
    3. Daddanelena
    4. BeastYJ (from Rausch Creek forum)

It not too late for a last minute addition to make our duo into a trio.

~ JD

• The rain had mostly cleared up by the time we hit the trails. We decided to wheel the Northeast property. I haven't travelled the NE property since it was first opened, and there weren't many trails cut back then. Slowpoke kinda-sorta knew the NE trails, so I followed him. I know my way around RC's East and West properties pretty well, but on Saturday I didn't know where I was most (all) of the time.
    Trails K, N, 34, 37, 38, 39, maybe? :shrug:

Everything was wet and slippery and it was hard to stick a line. We had a few hours of fun wheeling on some nice rocky areas. Shortly into the morning, one slip off a good line on a tricky black hillclimb put Slowpoke in a remarkable stuck. We got him out of it with much back-and-forth to re-position him a few inches at a time. At lunch, I discovered that one of my axle u-joints had two caps missing. I wasn't carrying my usual set of spare shafts, so there was nothing to swap in. I had to pull the axle shaft. We were on the far end of the NE property, so it was a long drive back in 2WD. There were some unavoidable obstacles along the way, and I was rather impressed with the XJ's abilities in 2WD. (Okay, not exactly 2WD - I love my Detroit.)

Jay's dog Rugby enjoyed the day immensely, despite me not sharing my lunch with him.

~ JD

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!