Hello from Newark, DE

• -I've read that gussets are recommended if I do any kind of off-roading on a heavy setup, and that it's highly recommended since I'll be running 35's? :shrug:

-Thanks for the references! I'm currently chatting with Aaron, but it appears time is the biggest issue to get everything done. I will hit up Joe as well, thanks!

• -I've read that gussets are recommended if I do any kind of off-roading on a heavy setup, and that it's highly recommended since I'll be running 35's? :shrug:

Any kind of off-roading? No. I have seen bone-stock JKs kick some ass on Blue trails.
    I was basing my comment on what you said earlier in the thread:

[size=1em]
    Rock crawling is definitely out of the question as this is my DD. I may do trails every now and then, but this will mainly be an on road vehicle for me. [/size]

I'm an XJ guy. I don't know much about JKs. But if you plan to do some off-roading, your money is better spent elsewhere. You would be better off prioritizing protection like rocker guards and diff covers.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• Any kind of off-roading? No. I have seen bone-stock JKs kick some ass on Blue trails.
    I was basing my comment on what you said earlier in the thread:

I'm an XJ guy. I don't know much about JKs. But if you plan to do some off-roading, your money is better spent elsewhere. You would be better off prioritizing protection like rocker guards and diff covers.

Thanks for your input. It is much appreciated. I may just keep it for on-road use now, and consider the protection parts later when I feel the urge coming on :rollsmile:

• ...when I feel the urge coming on :rollsmile:

When the urge comes, you will know it. Resistance is futile. Then there is nothing to do but Just Empty Every Pocket.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• Sharp looking rig. I just went to Rausch Creek this past Friday (first time there) with pretty much a bone-stock '12 JK Sport. Sixteen inch rims and stock tires and no plates. Ran greens all day and had a blast. With what you have now, you'd have run circles around my Jeep all day. Hopefully my tires will wear down soon so SWMBO will let me upgrade and maybe a lift.

• Sharp looking rig. I just went to Rausch Creek this past Friday (first time there) with pretty much a bone-stock '12 JK Sport. Sixteen inch rims and stock tires and no plates. Ran greens all day and had a blast. With what you have now, you'd have run circles around my Jeep all day. Hopefully my tires will wear down soon so SWMBO will let me upgrade and maybe a lift.

Thanks, buddy! I'm not sure about running circles around your Jeep as I still have the 3.21 gear. I'll be looking to re-gear sometime within the next year or so. So far, around town driving does not bother me at all, but we'll see how she does on the highway. :driving:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!