Hello from Newark, DE

• Recent winter photo. Work put everyone in a hotel, but I drove home instead

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

*****************UPDATED: 5/18/2016*******************

Hey everyone, just got everything installed! Big ups to Aaron astape for doing the lift install along with the other miscellaneous parts, and doing so in a reasonable time at a fraction of what the local shops were charging. I took some quick photos before heading to work, so these aren't the greatest angle shots ;D

[img width=900 height=1200]https://farm8.staticflickr.com…01690032_141a51f82f_k.jpg[/img]

[img width=900 height=1200]https://farm8.staticflickr.com…21894500_709f8903f0_k.jpg[/img]

[img width=1200 height=900]https://farm8.staticflickr.com…01690962_00c5ec346a_k.jpg[/img]

• Welcome aboard! This was a great winter to have a Jeep. :)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• So in this thread, Jkurl86 has a winter picture. Jerry and John have snow wheeling avatars, and Jeremy has snow camo paint.

It's time for topless beach pics!!! :razz:

Welcome to DEJA! Glad to have you and look forward to meeting you Jkurl86. :wavey:

• So in this thread, Jkurl86 has a winter picture. Jerry and John have snow wheeling avatars, and Jeremy has snow camo paint.

It's time for topless beach pics!!! :razz:

Welcome to DEJA! Glad to have you and look forward to meeting you Jkurl86. :wavey:

I could always switch up to a snow pic avatar as well.... :razz:

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• It's time for topless beach pics!!! :razz:

The only thing I could use for this would make the mods unhappy. :innocent:

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

<--- fixed

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• Please don't show us yer bewbs...

Not me, you sicko.

Believe it or not, if you know the secret hiding places to look for them, you can find pics of girls who show their girly-parts on the interwebs.

It's true.

~ JD

• Recent winter photo. Work put everyone in a hotel, but I drove home instead [emoji1]

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

To get back on topic, :8) welcome to the board. Perhaps I'll see you around. I'm in New Castle but frequent Newark a lot since my son I a UD student. These past few winters have been nice Jeep weather. Will we see you out on the beach this summer, or perhaps one of the Java meets each month?

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I've been riding basically stock since I got her in 2014, and slowly (but painfully) acquired aftermarket parts through the years and am ready to get things going! I've messaged a couple of members on here regarding installation work as I don't trust the local shops/dealerships to do it for me, plus they charge an arm and a leg! If anyone else can recommend a good place, it would be much appreciated! I need to be able to show up to these meetings with at least some mods on the Jeep, lol. :spinrhead:

• If we all waited for our junk to be done, none of us would ever show up to the meets! Lol!

What are you looking to get done to the Jeep? There's a lot of cheap labor to be had here! Take advantage of it! Wrenching party!

• I've been riding basically stock since I got her in 2014, and slowly (but painfully) acquired aftermarket parts through the years and am ready to get things going! I've messaged a couple of members on here regarding installation work as I don't trust the local shops/dealerships to do it for me, plus they charge an arm and a leg!

What parts have you collected so far?

More importantly, what is your end goal; Totally off roading, lifted street rig for an occasional trail to camp, beach cruiser....

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Edited once, last by Slimer ().

• [size=2]If we all waited for our junk to be done, none of us would ever show up to the meets! Lol!What are you looking to get done to the Jeep? There's a lot of cheap labor to be had here! Take advantage of it! Wrenching party![/size]

[size=2px]

:roflmao:

[/size]

[size=2]

-Teraflex 2.5 lift w/ Rancho 9000xl shocks
    -JKS front track bar
    -AEV geometry correction brackets
    -Rugged Ridge exhaust spacers
    -(4)Rugged Ridge XHD Wheels 17" w/ TPMS sensors
    -(4)GY Duratrac 315/70/17[/size]

[size=2]
    Rock crawling is definitely out of the question as this is my DD. I may do trails every now and then, but this will mainly be an on road vehicle for me. I was thinking gussets, but I'm not sure.[/size]

• [size=1em]Rock crawling is definitely out of the question as this is my DD. I may do trails every now and then, but this will mainly be an on road vehicle for me. I was thinking gussets, but I'm not sure.[/size]

Why gussets? Based on your description of intended use, IMO gussets are way unnecessary.

~ JD

• None of what you have listed is very complicated at all. There's a couple of guys who have shops in the area that can do the work for you:
    Astape- Aaron (north Wilmington)
    Dugan- Joe @ MidKnight Fabrications (New Castle)
    Shadyluke- Luke @ Lightning Fabrications (Pennsyltucky... not far from here, I just don't remember the town name)

You could also throw a wrenching party and have some club memeber come over and help you install the kit and all. It's a good way to meet some new faces, learn about your Jeep and get things done on the cost of a lunch/dinner! :up: :up:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!