Posts by Jkurl86

Sharp looking rig. I just went to Rausch Creek this past Friday (first time there) with pretty much a bone-stock '12 JK Sport. Sixteen inch rims and stock tires and no plates. Ran greens all day and had a blast. With what you have now, you'd have run circles around my Jeep all day. Hopefully my tires will wear down soon so SWMBO will let me upgrade and maybe a lift.

Thanks, buddy! I'm not sure about running circles around your Jeep as I still have the 3.21 gear. I'll be looking to re-gear sometime within the next year or so. So far, around town driving does not bother me at all, but we'll see how she does on the highway. :driving:

You can always look around on eBay, Craigslist, and other classified sections for a used, but returned to stock programmer. They usually average about $150-175 and it beats paying $300.

Regearing: 2 sets of gears, 2 master install kits, and the install. I charge $250 and axle plus u bring parts and consumables, like oil, towels, brake clean, ect. Most shops are in the $4-600 range for install. Gears run around $200 each for a decent set and mi kits are about $150.

I'm glad I was able to see this, Aaron. I'll definitely be looking to possibly re-gear by next spring/summer.

Any kind of off-roading? No. I have seen bone-stock JKs kick some ass on Blue trails.
    I was basing my comment on what you said earlier in the thread:

I'm an XJ guy. I don't know much about JKs. But if you plan to do some off-roading, your money is better spent elsewhere. You would be better off prioritizing protection like rocker guards and diff covers.

Thanks for your input. It is much appreciated. I may just keep it for on-road use now, and consider the protection parts later when I feel the urge coming on :rollsmile:

-I've read that gussets are recommended if I do any kind of off-roading on a heavy setup, and that it's highly recommended since I'll be running 35's? :shrug:

-Thanks for the references! I'm currently chatting with Aaron, but it appears time is the biggest issue to get everything done. I will hit up Joe as well, thanks!

[size=2]If we all waited for our junk to be done, none of us would ever show up to the meets! Lol!What are you looking to get done to the Jeep? There's a lot of cheap labor to be had here! Take advantage of it! Wrenching party![/size]

[size=2px]

:roflmao:

[/size]

[size=2]

-Teraflex 2.5 lift w/ Rancho 9000xl shocks
    -JKS front track bar
    -AEV geometry correction brackets
    -Rugged Ridge exhaust spacers
    -(4)Rugged Ridge XHD Wheels 17" w/ TPMS sensors
    -(4)GY Duratrac 315/70/17[/size]

[size=2]
    Rock crawling is definitely out of the question as this is my DD. I may do trails every now and then, but this will mainly be an on road vehicle for me. I was thinking gussets, but I'm not sure.[/size]

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I've been riding basically stock since I got her in 2014, and slowly (but painfully) acquired aftermarket parts through the years and am ready to get things going! I've messaged a couple of members on here regarding installation work as I don't trust the local shops/dealerships to do it for me, plus they charge an arm and a leg! If anyone else can recommend a good place, it would be much appreciated! I need to be able to show up to these meetings with at least some mods on the Jeep, lol. :spinrhead:

Recent winter photo. Work put everyone in a hotel, but I drove home instead

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

*****************UPDATED: 5/18/2016*******************

Hey everyone, just got everything installed! Big ups to Aaron astape for doing the lift install along with the other miscellaneous parts, and doing so in a reasonable time at a fraction of what the local shops were charging. I took some quick photos before heading to work, so these aren't the greatest angle shots ;D

[img width=900 height=1200]https://farm8.staticflickr.com…01690032_141a51f82f_k.jpg[/img]

[img width=900 height=1200]https://farm8.staticflickr.com…21894500_709f8903f0_k.jpg[/img]

[img width=1200 height=900]https://farm8.staticflickr.com…01690962_00c5ec346a_k.jpg[/img]