News: Fiat Chrysler Is Pouring $1 Billion Into Jeep

• http://jalopnik.com/fiat-chrys…ook&utm_medium=socialflow

http://jalopnik.com/fiat-chrys…ook&utm_medium=socialflow

Fiat Chrysler has been stumbling around for a little while now, with CEO Sergio Marchionne appearing to be mostly interested in just selling the company. We haven’t heard a lot about product investment lately, but this, from the Detroit Free Press, counts as great news: <blockquote>Fiat Chrysler Automobiles said today it plans to spend $1 billion to retool its plants in Toledo, Ohio, and Belvidere, Ill., and create 1,000 new jobs as it shuffles its North American production footprint.
    FCA said it will invest $700 million at its Toledo Assembly North Plant to prepare for the next-generation Jeep Wrangler and expand the production capacity of the SUV. The automaker said it plans to add about 700 jobs at that plant.
    In Belvidere, the automaker plans to spend $350 million to prepare that plant to assemble the Jeep Cherokee, which is currently built in Toledo.</blockquote> FCA under Marchionne has decided to re-focus on highly profitable SUVs, and while that’s not ideal from an “I like cars, please more cars” perspective, I guess it makes sense from a business perspective.
    But it’s good to see FCA putting its money where its mouth is.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Well the first attempt at a Fiat Jeep (Renegade) was half-assed. I hope their next attempt isn't a modified or revamped Renegade.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!