• I'm going to re-gear the rears in my JK. I'm looking for opinions on which ratio to go with, hopefully this doesn't open Pandora's box.
    Current specs
    2011 JK Rubicon
    3.8 L V-6
    4 speed auto
    4.11 gears
    35" x 12.5 tires Grabber red letter.

Typical 3.8 under power and poor gear ratio in the 4 speed. I run both street and trails with this Jeep but it's not my daily driver and gas mileage is already poor. The Jeep will more then likely be on 35's for some time, but I do tend to keep my Jeeps for a while ( 30+yrs) so know telling were it will end up in the future.
    Let the answers begin!!

• Most folks recommend 5.13 gears, some even say 5.38, depending on the wheel/tire weight and how many hills you drive over on the usual commute. If you want to upgrade to beadlocks or 37s, go for 5.38 gears, otherwise I'd say stick with 5.13 gears for a little extra strength from the gears.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Go 5.38's and don't look at the gas gauge! :razz: I believe Billy has 5.13's in his JKU but at one point said he wished he had gone with 5.38's

Neill

In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog.

• Ok just an update. I had Mount Zion off road do my re-gear. I went with the 5.13 ratio. So far I have about 200 miles on the set. My over all gas mileage is up from 12 to just over 14. The thing can finally get out of its own way not to mention traffic. The guys at Mt Zion did a fantastic job and I would recommend them to any one who needs some work done.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!