ISO Gas Cap

• Yeah, it sounds completely stupid but the 14 Rubi I bought has some sort of billet aluminum gas cap, evidently it's by Drake and is like $60. Well it rattles and has been driving me nuts for weeks because I thought it was the soft top or something. So I've looked and looked and looked and finally was playing with it and stuck my head in the back and reached around and rattled the cap and I'm pretty sure that's my rattle. I took it out and I don't hear the rattle anymore when I start the jeep. (It has since been put back on btw)

I want a normal one. Any one have a JK gas cap laying around in good shape before I buy one from quadratec?

• I had my OEM one go bad on the 2013 JKU last winter and it threw a code. Most of my research online led me to believe the aftermarket caps will end up throwing a code sooner than an OEM cap. I ended up buying one from CF Schwartz in Dover and I think it was under $30 and in stock. Good piece of mind for me...but your results may vary :)

• I had my OEM one go bad on the 2013 JKU last winter and it threw a code. Most of my research online led me to believe the aftermarket caps will end up throwing a code sooner than an OEM cap. I ended up buying one from CF Schwartz in Dover and I think it was under $30 and in stock. Good piece of mind for me...but your results may vary :)

Might be my easiest ticket, $10 more than quadratec but I don't really have any needs right now to cross the free shipping threshold for quadratec, but who knows maybe I'll order new hood latches I've been wanting

• rock auto has them and so does any local auto store :shrug: they work well
    had one on another vehicle now for 8 yrs with no problems

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!