Willys Issues

• You would be better off with something more common for a beater. Early YJ maybe you'd might regret it latter If you made one out of that Willys since they're getting harder and harder to find.

• Yeah, the more I think about it, I'd be leaning towards a restoration and start searching for the farm/ag equipment that was available. I almost bought an Ramsey PTO/ winch set up that came off the bottom of the transfer case. It would have bolted right to my t-case. Those things are out there.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Yeah, the more I think about it, I'd be leaning towards a restoration and start searching for the farm/ag equipment that was available. I almost bought an Ramsey PTO/ winch set up that came off the bottom of the transfer case. It would have bolted right to my t-case. Those things are out there.

I heard where there was a trench digger hooked up to an old Ford Truck that I was thinking of picking up and stripping. But I'm not sure how well my little Jeep would hold the huge ditch witch blade off the back end. :hmm:

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I will repeat.......spring over, full width axles, and new engine = bad ass trail rig
    Check out the one that the guy from JP magazine has, with a shortstar engine and full width ford 9" axles.......Bad ass
    Who cares if its rare? I believe there is currently another post someplace on this forum where many of these same people who are now screeming RESTO, just got done saying " Why buy an off road vehicle and not get it dirty?". :suspicious:
    Thats all im saying even if you dont go nuts with it, dont make it a resto trailer queen..... :repuke:

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• don't worry ed - no trailer queen (don't even have a trailer!). we're thinking of making it just roadworthy for now and driving it around and maybe wheeling it some until we decide what to do. so, engine and wiring will be first.
    chris

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!