• Now that my jeep is out of warranty seems like problems keep coming

Having issues with KEY FOB on 2012 Grand Cherokee.

Key FOB#1 - was dropped in water about 6 weeks ago, but was still working fine, until now
    Key FOB#2 - Not responding at all, not sure if dead battery (despite never used) or dealer forgot to program it when i bought car

Problem: Jeep CONSTANTLY locks it self and double beeps. I press the START button (on dash), it starts, but also beeps and locks

Every time I get of Jeep for a minute and close door, beeps and locks. This is very annoying when I have to get my son out of back or just getting out to pump gas

About 50% of the time when I press the UNLOCK button on FOB, it beeps and LOCKS

Sometimes I literally just touch the FOB but not a button, and it beeps and locks.

Im thinking the FOB is on the fritz and keeps sending a signal to the jeep.

I cant test the back up FOB because Jeep doesnt respond at all.

So.... replace battery on FOB #1?

FOB #2..... Maybe I can take this back to dealer and request programming...... or can we program these ourselves?

• most likely the inside has corroded and is causing resistance or a short somewhere. Often times when you drop something electronic into water you need to rinse it with distilled water. You may still be able to try it and see if it rinses out whatever is messing it up?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!