Reputable A/C shop in NCC?

• If it has had holes in the condenser it has been open to the atmosphere. Internal corrosion can get started and that is not good. It needs to be flushed also. Basically all the fittings are opened and the individual lines and evaporator are flushed both directions until clean. The orifice tube is usually replaced, and a new receiver/drier is used. New o-rings go on all the fittings.
    I just got into this on my quigley van. There is a kit from most parts houses with a new compressor, receiver/drier, o-rings, and compressor oil. Mine was a little over $200.
    I have a vacuum pump and a set of gauges and a flush gun, and I should be getting done with mine sometime next week, I'll let you know how it goes. I won't be using the flush on mine since I went all new, so I even have some of that.
    Obviously there is no local shop I know and trust to do this, so as typical, I bought the tools and do it myself.

• If it has had holes in the condenser it has been open to the atmosphere. Internal corrosion can get started and that is not good. It needs to be flushed also. Basically all the fittings are opened and the individual lines and evaporator are flushed both directions until clean. The orifice tube is usually replaced, and a new receiver/drier is used. New o-rings go on all the fittings.
    I just got into this on my quigley van. There is a kit from most parts houses with a new compressor, receiver/drier, o-rings, and compressor oil. Mine was a little over $200.
    I have a vacuum pump and a set of gauges and a flush gun, and I should be getting done with mine sometime next week, I'll let you know how it goes. I won't be using the flush on mine since I went all new, so I even have some of that.
    Obviously there is no local shop I know and trust to do this, so as typical, I bought the tools and do it myself.

Cool, let me know how it goes. If you're willing to work on mine I can pay with a pallet of Coke Zero. :) I don't need to get it done anytime soon but summer would obviously be preferred

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!