GM Cooling system help/advice needed

• I have a GM 6.0 in my daily driver truck. Replaced the radiator last weekend, and ever since then, the engine temperature never gets above the 1/4 mark. Today I replaced the thermostat and the coolant temperature sensor (with GM factory parts), but the results are the same. While driving around the check engine light even came one for a P0128 (Coolant temp below threshold). The radiator is a Champion radiator (aftermarket, all aluminum, 3-core vs the factory 1-core) but that shouldn't make a difference, should it? At a bit of a loss. Any advice on what to try next?

• Did you test the thermostat before installing it? I ALWAYS test them in a pan of boiling water. I had 1 bad one that did not open out of about a dozen I have installed over the years.
    Any way to purge air pockets/bubbles out of the system. Dodge trucks could get them, not sure about GM, even though that should not prevent it from warming up.
    I would always drill a tiny whole in them to allow water(more so for air to purge out) to always circulate(tiny whole obviously) last one I installed already had little hole so I did not have to do it.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!