Figuring out my used JK

• :help:

I finally was able to purchase a jeep. I spent months looking for a TJ to replace the TJ I sold with many regrets. Guess what, TJs are hard to find, so I ended up with a '16 JK Rubicon.

The previous owner had done some "modifications". My first confusion is the tires. They are 315/70 r17 (Dueler ATs). When doing the math those should be 34"+ tires. I don't quite understand how those fit under a stock JK. There's definitely no flex room but I thought 34's would rub even under normal daily driving. Everything I can tell is that the springs are stock. The shocks are replaced with Fox shocks.

The other mod is a Fox (or two of them) steering stabilizer. This moves the stock steering stabilzers (I think). Here I'm wondering if this is a good setup or not. I honestly don't want want to Fox logo all over my jeep so I'll probably replace them anyway. Wondering what the recommended setup here is for aftermarket steering?

Any thoughts of the Fox stuff on it? I've not had a off-road modded vehicle in quite a few years. The fox stuff just looks flashy but I know little about the quality.

I don't mind putting money into but I've learned the hard lesson from a TJ that putting money in the wrong place cab lead to bigger problems. Any JK suggestions are welcome.

Glad to be back with a Jeep and I'll be annoying everyone on trail rides soon.

• I tried to post a pic but I'm just too dumb to figure it out.

I think it's just looks and show judging on the rest of the setup.

• the stabilizers r usually to compansate for poor steering geometry. Jk almost always with a 2" lift or more need a tie rod flip steerjng correcrion.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!