BMJA August Oink

• Blue Mountain Jeep Alliance is hosting their annual August Oink at Rausch Creek Off Road Park on Saturday August 27 and Sunday August 28. It includes two days of wheeling plus a pig roast picnic on Saturday evening.

This event is open to BMJA members and non-members alike, so all are welcome! This will be put on DeJA's calendar as a club ride eligible for DeJA trail badges.

The food at last year's Oink was great, and I expect this year will be just as good. There also were great door prizes last year as well. We can ride on Saturday and Sunday with BMJA members, DeJA members, or both. This is a great way to meet other jeepers (and check out their jeeps!).

Regular Rausch Creek fees apply, no reservations are needed for the wheeling or camping.

The cost for the pig roast is $10 per person and preregistration is required. Click on this link to print out the registration form.

Please sign up on DeJA's calendar if you are interested in attending. Please indicate if you plan to camp at RC or at the Comfort Inn.

Former Trail Boss (2003 - 2005)

Edited once, last by ().

• OK there has been some interest. Remember, this will be at Rausch Creek Off-Road Park. Although Blue Mountain Jeep Alliance will be holding their August Oink dinner on Saturday, there are plenty of other options in case you missed the deadline for registering. Most DeJA folks have preferred to dine separately anyway.

I hope that this will give the DeJA jeepers the opportunity to meet folks from other clubs. In addition, having more jeepers gives us the opportunity to separate into more levels of trails. We will ride both Saturday and Sunday. Last year there was a short Saturday night ride as well -- but I don't know if that is planned again for this year. Each ride will earn a paid-up DeJA member a trail badge.

If you have any more specific questions, please post here or send me a PM (I may not check the calendar often enough to catch all your questions).

• I am very interested in going up and wheeling on Saturday day and then coming home sometime in the eve. It would be nice to travel up together, do you all think we could pick a time and place to meet?

• Quote from "sklively"

I am very interested in going up and wheeling on Saturday day and then coming home sometime in the eve. It would be nice to travel up together, do you all think we could pick a time and place to meet?

We usually meet at the Sunoco on 41 ready to leave by 6:15. Not sure about this run but it will probably be the same. Others meet at the Wawa on faulk Rd.

jason

• Is there anyone from DeJA going who expects to have a spare seat available?

I'm trying to see if we can arrange for Steve Smith to come along for one or both days, and maybe his wife too...

Thanks!

• If anyone's camping at RC for this event from DEJA, if you did not confirm that with Flash at BMJA so I have a tent count, please do so.

Also, I have a freezer/frig full of hamburger patties and hot dogs. If any DEJA members are camping and would like to have some of these, just ask.

• I will be unable to make this ride.

If anyone is leaving from the N. DE area or PA area, an alternate route up to RC is as follows:

Rt. 7 Limestone rd. North to Rt. 41 North. Follow Rt. 41 up to Gap, PA and make a left onto Rt. 30 West. Follow Rt. 30 up through Lancaster and keep right to get onto the rt. 30 expressway. Follow the expressway and bear left at the fork. Rt. 72 (the manheim pike) with be your next exit. Follow Rt. 72 N up to Rt. 81 (you will be on rt. 72 for about an hour). Make a left off of rt. 72 to get onto rt.81N. Follow Rt. 81 N to the Ravine Exit (about 8 miles) We usually fill up at the Texaco from there. Make a right out of the Texaco and follow that road up for about 4 miles and it will bear right. At the top of the hill the entrance of RC will be on your left.

-Chris

• Chris's route seems to work well for people coming from south of Wilmington. It's not so good for N. Wilmington, so I will be doing the traditional mostly highway route: I-95 to I-476 to I-78 to Rt. 501 to Rt. 895 to Rt. 443 to Rt. 125.

I will be leaving from the Wawa in N. Wilmington (on Foulk Road at Wilson and Murphy, across from the Concord Presbyterian Church and Exxon station). If anyone is planning to meet up with me there, please send me a PM. If I don't hear from anyone, I'll probably be heading out on my own without stopping at the Wawa. If we meet at Wawa, we need to hit the road no later than 6:30 am.

:wavey:

• just a tip, I think the Texaco in Smyrna (on Rt 13 a little south of Rt 300) is the cheapest in the area. it was $2.53 there, this afternoon.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!