O2 sensor(s) on a 99XJ

• Have to replace the O2 sensor(s) on the XJ before I sell it. The check engine light keeps comming on for O2 sensor. I believe there are 2 of them one before and one after the cat. Is this right? Of so, where can I buy it/them cheap? Can I change only one? can they be cleaned and reused?

Thanks,
    Steve (Ask me how you can loose weight)

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Quote from "deadfeat"

Have to replace the O2 sensor(s) on the XJ before I sell it. The check engine light keeps comming on for O2 sensor. I believe there are 2 of them one before and one after the cat. Is this right? Of so, where can I buy it/them cheap? Can I change only one? can they be cleaned and reused?

Thanks,
    Steve (Ask me how you can loose weight)

Yup it should have 2 - O2 sensors, an up stream and a down steam.
    A good scanner should tell you if it's one or both.
    Sorry don't know prices.
    You can change only one but it would be nice to know which one is bad.
    I've never heard of anybody cleaning and reusing one.
    They can be a RPITA to get out, even with the right socket, A boxed end wrench will not fit over the connector either. If you know which one is bad then you can cut the connector off. Even then I've had them take most of the threads out of the bung.
    Good luck. :peace:

Do I look like I need to loose weight??? :question:

• Checking around I found that I can use a universal sensor for around $50. I am going to buy two. They are past due for replacment anyway. If I can't get it free, I'll cut the top off and use an impact wrench to free it. It's a 99 so it should have antisieze.

Steve (ohh baby baby it's a wild world... "cant get that song out off my head)

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

• Quote from "deadfeat"

Steve (ohh baby baby it's a wild world... "cant get that song out off my head)

Keep you Cat Stevens to yourself and "get on the peace train".

Now I can't get the song out of MY head. :doh:

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Quote from "Slimer"

Keep you Cat Stevens to yourself and "get on the peace train".

Now I can't get the song out of MY head. :doh:

Actually it is an Acustic Jimmy Cliff reggae version. It's pretty good. Point taken.

Steve (has lots of things in his head)

• Quote from "deadfeat"

It's a 99 so it should have antisieze.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I wouldn't count on it. But with an impact they're no match. (as long as you can get an impact on it.) :up:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!