Who's holding back????

• I've heard a couple of hints over the last few weeks about people taking some interesting long distance rides to go wheeling. Come on, folks, post up. Tell us about where you went, how long it took to get there, and what is available there.

We're not looking to horn in on your private trips. Rather, we'd like to hear about these places as possibilities for future DeJA long distance trips. I hear that some potential BOD members for the next term are interested in organizing a trip or two. Let's get some information about these destinations posted now so you don't all forget about it in the next few months.

Post up (DCC, jeepers, this means you!)

Thanks!

• Good idea Andrew, I can get it on the calendar now. I have heard of some great places in Tenn. and Kentucky.

• Is Tellico the place in north carolina, one of the guys I got tires off on in MD told me he goes all the time, Its like a 4 hr drive from him in Boonsborro MD and u stay the night and wheel the next day...Its a 2-3 days trip but sounds fun....

02&#39; F250 SD w/ 285&#39;s and 17x9 1079&#39;s<br />99&#39; XJ w/ 8&quot; and 35&#39;s - GONE!<br /><br />I miss wheeling! :(

• tellico is ok at best. from what everyone said its always crowded.

the Badlands has some cool trails, and they just opened a few new trails. the rock quarry is pretty small, but the normal trails are pretty long.
    drive is 12 hours.

Winrock is also supposed to be awsome, lots of trails and even a waterfall to try and climb.

drive is about 12-13 hours

there is also a place in Ohio, but i dont know much about it.

• that pictures looks bad a$$ but something only a highly modded rig could take on....so is there anything within 0-6 hrs, 8 at the most, or are we limited to Just pap and rc?

02&#39; F250 SD w/ 285&#39;s and 17x9 1079&#39;s<br />99&#39; XJ w/ 8&quot; and 35&#39;s - GONE!<br /><br />I miss wheeling! :(

• If you all could grab maps and brochures for campgrounds, etc., that'd be really helpful. Don't worry, I won't ask you to find the stocker trails for me...I'll call for that, but we'll need to be sure there's at least something for the smaller Jeeps to run so the trip would be attractive to everyone.

DrJ

• All of these other places seem to be a fairly good distance. But since people are willing to drive 4 to 6 hours twice a year to GWNF, there is not reason to think people wouldn't want to drive a little further to other places.

Perhaps long range plans can be set up once or twice a year for other destinations as well.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• That's my plan (as a hopeful "potential BOD member for the next term"). Two trips might be ambitious before we see how the first long-distance trip goes. I REALLY wanted to start a poker run to Key West, but no one else seemed to...pity.

After the next meeting we'll start planning...hopefully.

DrJ :peace:

• poker run to keywest ....now that sounds like a good idea

kevin<<<<<<------misses florida

It's A Jeep Thing...You Wouldn't Understand
    *bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*

• if anyone is interested I used to live in minnesota and Ive been wheeling in northern mn up at the iron range, you might have read about it in petersons 4x4 they were there when i was.....nice rocky trails, all different levels, its cheap to wheel there and they have free air and coverd wash bays after your done wheeling, lots of camp grounds around there. And its run by the MN DNR... my friend from minnesota owns a off-road driving school there and would be very helpful with any questions or wanting to hit the trails up there. the link to his site is http://www.ironrangeoffroad.com

• ice fishing out of the jeep is always fun.....just drop a line through the drain holes in the floor :spinrhead:

• I knew I shouldn't have fixed my rusted floor! The Jeep could it's own fishing shack. Just rig up some curtains to drop for the floor to the ground and you could stay nice and warm. :updown:

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!