OBD II Scanner

• So I had to go to Seaford today and decided to stop at AutoZone to get my "check engine" light reset. I get up to the checkout counter with the little stuff I needed and asked about the scanner. The girl said, "Do you mean the one that's on sale?" That's not what I meant, but I figured I'd take a look. Actron CP9135 ($179.99) on sale for $99.99. Of course I "needed" it. It only reads codes for '94 & up, but the one that reads I & II was $300. I'm sure you techies and super geniuses on here who know everything about everything will tell me I got ripped off, this one is junk, there are much better ones out there, etc. etc., but I'm happy with it. :rasp:

I'm sooooo glad I don't have a husband or bf to whom I have to explain my impulse buying. :argue:

If it&#39;s not dirty, I&#39;m not having fun!<br /><br />&#39;97 TJ SE 5 speed 4 banger - NO BLING<br /><br />REAL JEEPS HAVE 2 DOORS!

• Quote from "SarasGP"

I'm sooooo glad I don't have a husband or bf to whom I have to explain my impulse buying. :argue:

Heh....or one that isn't close enough to get mad when you try to explain impulse buying...especially when you buy bedding for the GUEST room in excess of $300 like I did the other day

:doh:

• ruh roh Icky, you went and told on yourself :doh:

If it&#39;s not dirty, I&#39;m not having fun!<br /><br />&#39;97 TJ SE 5 speed 4 banger - NO BLING<br /><br />REAL JEEPS HAVE 2 DOORS!

• The last OBDII reader I looked at was about $2000-used. A different level of scanner obviously, but you'll never hear me rag on someone about the price of theirs now.

Ripped? Depends on how often you pay to have the codes read. If you have them read often then you'll eventually be ahead. If this is the first time you ever threw a code then the scanner might last longer than the jeep.

• I ahve the same one sara except I bout the version that does it all I really like mine and have used it several times. i admire anyone that has willingness to learn how to do things themsleves and doesnt mind spending money on the thing they need to get it done

• Thanks Tony, you made my week. :updown:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!