• My first trip to Rauch Creek will be next Sat. and I'm going with a local Rover club. A friend of mine invited me to go because he keeps saying the Rover guys always talk down about the Jeeps so he asked me and another guy to go to shut them up. He owns both a rover and a jeep (stock) and wants to pursuade them they are equal.

I intend to prove Jeeps are BETTER :suspicious:

My question is should I put on the 35's I just got and take my chances or should I just leave on my 33's. I don't think anyone of them will have 35's anyway.

What would I have to worry about if I put on the 35's. I usually go easy on the skinny pedal and I'm not locked anyway.

Give me your thoughts.
    Brian :peace:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• Rausch creek is alot about clearance. It depends on what trails they intend on going, really 33 are good for blue and green and some black. I have gone one the black and very little red with 33 and i did have a little trouble, (with out lockers) If they intend on going on the red and black i would go with the 35 becaue of the clearance situaction.

• I just got back from Paragon and there was an Xterra club from NJ up there and also a bunch of Astro minivans. One was on Dana 60s and 35" tires.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• id keep the 33's on for this trip. you are used to wheeling. also a jeep with 33's dosent sound as built as a jeep on 35's

"that guy had a jeep with like 6inches of lift and 35's....but my rover got through it too"

see what im saying

• ditto

Very good point Dave.

I'd keep the 33's on as well.

-Chris

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!