QUESTIONS after a day of wrenching?!!?!?

• Ok.. a few issues. Today we put on the 2 in tera bb, and the 1 in bl.

FIRSTwent to put on the jks mml, and we couldn't get the driver side motor mount lift bolt out. What in the end we ended up doing so I could drive home and keep it is lowering the fan shroud. (I thought about making this a permanent fix but im :shrug: about it) The reason we couldnt get the mml spacers in is that the bolt when it was coming out on the drivers side was blocked by the power steering pump. It looks like they turned the bolt the wrong way....

It looks like what we will have to do to get that bolt out is cut it off, and then replace it with a new one, and make it so it comes out the right way.

FRED - Can you get me a new bolt??, or does someone have one laying around for a 4.0? I'll talk to you about this at the meeting.

Is there anything im missing Andrew?

OH..does anyone have any shocks boots around?? PM if you do.

[/b]

• josh,
    that bolt is a common issue - keith and i dealt with it as well. just pull the 3 bolts that connect the motor mount plate to the block of the engine instead and pull the whole assembly free. upon reinstallation just reverse the direction of that bolt and you'll be in good shape. take a look at it and you'll see what i mean.
    chris (hope that is what you were talking about)

• Quote from "quadna71"

josh,
    that bolt is a common issue - keith and i dealt with it as well. just pull the 3 bolts that connect the motor mount plate to the block of the engine instead and pull the whole assembly free. upon reinstallation just reverse the direction of that bolt and you'll be in good shape. take a look at it and you'll see what i mean.
    chris (hope that is what you were talking about)

i didnt even think about that
    we should do that
    well look at it tomorrow

• Quote from "jeeprubicon"

i didnt even think about that
    we should do that
    well look at it tomorrow

that is how i did mine. works great

• more questions

1. the shocks are STIFF. Will they loosen up? They are the doestech shocks, the same DrJ and Sara have.

2. I need to order shock boots. If I order them from q-tec do they come with any sort of hardware, or can I use zip ties or do I have to go to Napa or somewhere to get them.

3. Looking for spring clip retainers on q-tec and can't find them. I saw rustys offroad has them. Can someone send me the link to these so i know im getting the right thing??

• Josh,

The shocks will loosen up a bit. I've been running the same shocks for about a year and a half and they are pretty darn soft.

The shock boots at Qtec do not come with hardware but they do come in 5 different colors. Just use some zip ties to hold them in place.

As far as the spring retainer clips, mine only had one on the d/s and since I recently installed new springs last weekend I noticed I've somehow lost that one too. So I've been running without them for a while now. Just make sure that after a day of wheeling (and flexing) that your front spring are fully seated where they are supposed to be and you should be fine.

HTH

-Chris

• thx

sounds good. i never had any spring retainer clips, i was looking to buy them so i didnt have that issue...but it seems like its not a big issue.

the shock boots, what should I do...pick the hardware up at napa?

l

• artie at turtles again???

• Why do you want shock boots? all they do is hold dirt and mud next to the shock piston which is never a good thing :shrug: Also, the DT 3000's aren't the most pleasant riding shock. It is one of those you get what you pay for deals.

• Quote from "quadna71"

just for gee whiz....try dropping your pressure to around 29 psi or so. let me know how it rides then.
    chris

I would agree.

Even a 2 psi difference can make a world of change in ride.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!