QUESTIONS after a day of wrenching?!!?!?

• Quote from "MellowYellow"

that is how i did mine. works great

Dave no we didnt, we used a crossfoot wrench remember.

• Quote from "turtle"

You can also just take the PS pump off, it is held on by 3 very accesible bolts. That is how I ussually do it

that was my backup plan. the jeep only had a thousand miles on it when i was installing the mounts and i was paranoid about tweaking a PS line that early in the game.
    chris

• with bigger tires you dont need as much tire pressure int he tires to hold the weight.. here is how you adjust your tire pressure for all vehciles to make sure they were the best wya

take a peice of chalk and make a 1 or 2 in matk all the way accross the tread now drive it for like 20 or 30 ft and see where the chalk has worn off if it is more owrn on the center to much air pressure lower it a few psi and redo it on the edges more than the center to little air pressure. make sure you do the front and rear tires cause they should be a different tire pressure do to different amounts of weight on the axle

• I am not a huge fan of touching the bolts on the engine for the Motor mount. I had to extract 3 of them once on a buddies jeep where they loosened up after a MML. It was not alot of fun. But everyone has there own ways to reach the same outcome

• Sounds a lot like modification information. Moved this post to the Modifications Forum...

• Quote from "turtle"

You can also just take the PS pump off, it is held on by 3 very accesible bolts. That is how I ussually do it

its actually the a/c compressor that the bolt is hitting

the p/s/p is on top of that

• Quote from "turtle"

I am not a huge fan of touching the bolts on the engine for the Motor mount. I had to extract 3 of them once on a buddies jeep where they loosened up after a MML. It was not alot of fun. But everyone has there own ways to reach the same outcome

i agree with that
    i would rather cut the bolt out and replace it then remove the bolts that
    hold the bracket on
    but its not mine
    so it up to u joo
    what u wanna do??

• Quote from "Da Mutt"

with bigger tires

thanks for the info BUT i still have the stock GSA's on there.

and what I would like to do is see if we can do the thing they said....trying the bolt from the bottom.

Fred has the new bolt incase we decide to cut it, and he will drop it off on sunday for us. So if it comes to cutting it, we cut it. No biggie.

you got blades for that saw-zaw?

• josh, it really only takes another 5 minutes to pull the bracket from the engine. cutting it off my be a pain - depending on the angle of the hacksaw or sawsall.

oh, and i thought you had put larger tires on it. keep the OEM ones close to what they say on the door jam....hopefully the shocks will loosen up over time (mine did on my first BB)
    chris

• im buying tires soon...

For right now I lowered the tires to 31 instead of 33 and its a little better, I'm just waiting for the shocks to loosen up a little bit. We will try the removing the bracket first. I don't like the idea very much of cutting it, blades and my jeep don't get along well at all.... I want to keep my jeep cut free.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!