Winch mounting wrenchfest! UPDATED WITH PICS!

• Picking up my new winch on Saturday, and planning to mount it on Sunday at JeepRubicon's. I'll be showing up at 10am...anyone who wants to come help/watch is welcome to!

Oh, and the beer is on me! :)

• hey andrew do you still want to put on the skid plate and the swaybar disconectores on sunday? I am still up for it if you are. (after working on the wench) i should be there to help either way.

• Quote from "michael"

hey andrew do you still want to put on the skid plate and the swaybar disconectores on sunday? I am still up for it if you are. (after working on the wench) i should be there to help either way.

sure not a problem

josh , wheeling where??? :suspicious:
    saturday is kool ill be in the garge all day

• Quote from "michael"

So be there at like 10ish on sun.

sure
    erica has priority tho so im not sure when we would start urs
    tho mounting a winch wont take too long

• Quote from "jeeprubicon"

sure

the one wrenchfest that i really hate missing. :( i can't WAIT to be back!!!! you guys have fun turning wrenches and take pics for me!
    chris

• Quote from "quadna71"

the one wrenchfest that i really hate missing. :( i can't WAIT to be back!!!! you guys have fun turning wrenches and take pics for me!
    chris

i enjoy getting my hands dirty
    thats why i always offer
    trust me when i say none of us can wait for u to come home safe
    u r missed buddy

• Quote from "jeeprubicon"

sure

Thats cool, so ill see you about 10ish

• one more thing, andrew, do you have a coil spring compressor- because i have spacers that i attenped to put on but didn't have a compressor, so i just slid the space in the lower part of the coil. So if we have time can we put the spacer where it is sapost to be?

• i am gonna stop by and i can lend a hand i have to change my oil but after that i will be down to help out

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• when i put on my winch, it took me alone and hour to remove all the parts and put the winch on the plate and the plate on the jeep. Only problem is it's a little heavy so having a second person woiuld help. Its a very simple straight forward project so you guys should find plenty of time to work on the other jeeps. Where exactly are we wrenching? At Icky's in Dover? I might try to show up just to meet some of you.

jeff

• ooh look at me i can REEEEEED. Hopefully I'll show up at Andrews to play for a bit. Andrew, what's your address? Maybe I'll get my first real use of my GPS unit to find your house :mrsclaus:

• here's the direction if you heading from up north.

follow them, there simple

I guess he can post up his exact address, but RT1 is the fastest way to go if your coming from up north. Its about a 45-50 mintue ride from M-town.

Andrew- Not sure yet if I'm gonna make an apperance, maybe, maybe not...depends on how much gas I use today in my errands.

• I dont want simple josh, i want difficult. I want to get lost and see if this was worth my spending 400 bucks for a GPS unit. Geez, why didn't you know this? :wstupid: :razz:

• Quote from "ChiChuM"

when i put on my winch, it took me alone and hour to remove all the parts and put the winch on the plate and the plate on the jeep. Only problem is it's a little heavy so having a second person woiuld help. Its a very simple straight forward project so you guys should find plenty of time to work on the other jeeps. Where exactly are we wrenching? At Icky's in Dover? I might try to show up just to meet some of you.

jeff

thanks for the tip
    i was wondering how u mount them
    lol

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!