JKS Quicker Disco Install Question...

• So I got my JKS Disco's from Jason :razz: , they looked pretty damn easy to throw on so I said this will only take 5 mins and went outside to play....1st I would like to say Jason's Jeep made mine feel like a tiny piece of :censored: because I had to tighten them down to like 1/2" of extension while his were extended probably 6" ::xmasunhappy , and even worst I didnt know that when I tightened them down all the grease would come out of the fitting's like that....I was greasy as hell...

Well everything went good from there except:

Axle mount end went on smooth, but on the upper piece that connects to the sway bar did not....It is an allen key bolt that has a nut put on the other end to attatch to the sway bar....When I try to put the nut on the allen key bolt keeps rotating? I tried geting a allen key wrench in there but It wont fit in the tiny space....this makes no sense to me, maybe Jason can chim in on how the top part goes on...I dont know why the factory didnt :welder: weld up the bolt to the bracket It goes through anyway...? Any thoughts?

02&#39; F250 SD w/ 285&#39;s and 17x9 1079&#39;s<br />99&#39; XJ w/ 8&quot; and 35&#39;s - GONE!<br /><br />I miss wheeling! :(

• depending on he amount of room you have here's two possible problem solvers.
    take a hack saw and cut the allen wrench down to the propersize there cheap and sears has plenty.
    the other method if to use a pair of vise grips or channel lock pliers to hold the head of the bolt , if the distance is still to tight.
    hope that helps

• might try the first one, I cant understand why they would make It so hard anyway, theres gota be a simpilar method

02&#39; F250 SD w/ 285&#39;s and 17x9 1079&#39;s<br />99&#39; XJ w/ 8&quot; and 35&#39;s - GONE!<br /><br />I miss wheeling! :(

• i dont remember how i did mine...but i remember there being a trick that was on the instructions. try looking at their web site and see if the instructions show what to do....

• tried that and It only gives a parts list and a diagram of an angle the sway bar should sit at after Install...Im gonna try the first one, If no go I'll be at the Jeeps for Joy and someone should be able to chim in, I'll have plenty of tools with me! ::xmaswacky

• currently at Harmony Wood Just off of Rt. 273 on Redmill Rd.

• Quote from "XJ99"

So I got my JKS Disco's from Jason :razz: , they looked pretty damn easy to throw on so I said this will only take 5 mins and went outside to play....1st I would like to say Jason's Jeep made mine feel like a tiny piece of :censored: because I had to tighten them down to like 1/2" of extension while his were extended probably 6" ::xmasunhappy , and even worst I didnt know that when I tightened them down all the grease would come out of the fitting's like that....I was greasy as hell...

Well everything went good from there except:

Axle mount end went on smooth, but on the upper piece that connects to the sway bar did not....It is an allen key bolt that has a nut put on the other end to attatch to the sway bar....When I try to put the nut on the allen key bolt keeps rotating? I tried geting a allen key wrench in there but It wont fit in the tiny space....this makes no sense to me, maybe Jason can chim in on how the top part goes on...I dont know why the factory didnt :welder: weld up the bolt to the bracket It goes through anyway...? Any thoughts?

im alittle confused
    r u trying to tighten the bolt with the disoc installed ?
    on an xj i think the braket mounts to the top of the swaybar
    on a tj it mounts to the bottom
    maybe it's the other way
    but anyway
    i cant see why u would not have room to tighten the bolt

• if i remember...you have to take the disconnect bar off the mounting part (u shaped part that bolts to the sway bar) you bolt the u-mount to the sway bar...then the disconnect to the u-mount. i do remember having loc-tite supplied by JKS for the bolt that goes through the u-mount

doing that you can get the allen key into the head and no more spin

• yea what u said makes sense dave, thats the only way It would work, I knew that was an option but was to lazy to take It apart... :doh: , guess thats what I'll do...

Andrew hes saying: I should take the U looking part on the top of the disconnect (that bolts to the actual sway bar)....undo It from the disconnect...then tighten the U part to the sway bar because I will have access to the allen key bolt head, once Its tight, take the actual disconnect and attach It back to the U part that was originally on the disconnect, It slides out of It's rotating bushing...

Heres the link to a picture
    http://www.jksmfg.com/db/quicker_disconnects/

• Quote from "XJ99"

yea what u said makes sense dave, thats the only way It would work, I knew that was an option but was to lazy to take It apart... :doh: , guess thats what I'll do...

Andrew hes saying: I should take the U looking part on the top of the disconnect (that bolts to the actual sway bar)....undo It from the disconnect...then tighten the U part to the sway bar because I will have access to the allen key bolt head, once Its tight, take the actual disconnect and attach It back to the U part that was originally on the disconnect, It slides out of It's rotating bushing...

look deeper
    i qouted u not dave
    u had me confunfused
    that why i asked how r u having trouble
    i was going to explain the same thing to u
    after i got a reply from u as to how u were having trouble

plus that post was a minute b/4 his
    so how could i of have qouted him

just trying to help u figure it out :peace:

• :laughabove: , been drinkin?
    I knew you were refering to my post, Just reiterating what dave said to help clearly state my problem since my babble was confusing and dave seemed to hit It on the spot with where I was stuck in the Install.... :cmass:

• Quote from "XJ99"

yea what u said makes sense dave, thats the only way It would work, I knew that was an option but was to lazy to take It apart... :doh: , guess thats what I'll do...

in this qoute u proceeced to explain to me what he was saying like he was the one confusing me
    thats what lead to the other post i made

and no havent been drinking yet
    waiting for the lord to get chilly first

• It's cool, simple miscalculation of my babble....I Just wasnt able to say It or explain It as well as dave and thought I would cite his explanation of how to cure my problem...that way It would help ya see what I was dealin with...ah frosty libations are tasty :gifts

• Quote from "XJ99"

It's cool, simple miscalculation of my babble....I Just wasnt able to say It or explain It as well as dave and thought I would cite his explanation of how to cure my problem...that way It would help ya see what I was dealin with...ah frosty libations are tasty :gifts

i kinda figured thats the problem u were having
    just wanted to make sure it was
    now the lord is cold
    just need to find a chaser for it now

• You guys that drink liberally while working on your rides ever have something fall off or come apart while driving? I know that sober I have forgotten to go over and retighten stuff.

• I don't know anything about them but will tomorrow, tomorrow at the wenchfest we are installing the new jks quick disconectors on my xj. Are they worth it / make a difference?

• Quote from "michael"

I don't know anything about them but will tomorrow, tomorrow at the wenchfest we are installing the new jks quick disconectors on my xj. Are they worth it / make a difference?

imho yes they r and yes they do

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!