A BIG Thank You

• I just wanted to take a minute and thank each and everyone of you for taking the time out of your day to make someone elses holidays better. Also a HUGE Thank you to Santa Baby for making the day extra special. It means alot to me and my family to be involved in this event and it feels good to see it get a little bigger each year. :gifts :gifts

And again Thank you to Paul for being the head of this event and to Bob Allen and the others who got it started.

Thanks again everyone and :cmass: to everyone.

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Well, since Brian got this started, I'd like to continue the Thank You's for the Toy Drive.

First, thanks to the committee for this event! These people did a great job of contacting dealers, getting sponsors, taking care of donations, and overall offering up suggestions to making this event better:

Bob Allen
    Steve Dey
    Brian & Nichole Little
    Fred Soler
    Jen Colman
    Andrew Lesser
    Josh Marcus

Next, thanks to our sponsors, without them this event could not take place:

Holiday Angel Sponsors:
    Inclined Vehicles
    I.G. Burton Auto Dealerships
    Waterbury Construction

Toy-rrific Sponsors:
    A to Z Fabrication
    BDL's Electrical Solutions
    Stork News of the Tri-State Area
    Sarro Signs
    Matthew Allen Foundation
    T.W. Perry
    Grisillo's Thriftway
    Handler Corporation
    Star Chrysler Jeep
    Hostetler Electric

Promotional Sponsors:
    Quality Communications
    Michael T. Alpaugh, Nationwide Insurance
    Waterbury Kitchens
    Brandywine Chrysler Jeep
    Ruby Tuesday

and also, these businesses that donated raffle items and/or services:
    Holly Oak 4x4 (tire swing out and diff cover)
    Quadratec (too many items to mention, and thanks to Chris Hall for getting them to me!)
    4WD Hardware (gift certificates)
    Dunkin Donuts (donuts, coffee, hot chocolate)

A BIG THANKS to Jerry (whatevah) for building and hosting the site for Jeeps for Joy. I think it will serve as a major tool for increasing donations for our event in the future.

I also have to give a BIG THANKS to Santa, who proved to be even better than I had hoped. From just walking around and greeting folks, to his "showdown" humor when the fire company arrived, to selecting the raffle winners (even if he did keep picking Icky xmastongue: ). He has been made an honorary member here, and I'll have him set up shortly.

Thanks to Kevin, Melissa, and Patti for manning the tables all day, signing people up, distributing shirts, selling raffle tickets, etc. Great job, and a huge help!

And last but by no means least, thanks to all of you! who came out Friday night and braved the cold and wind, who came out early Saturday to help set up, who came on Saturday and donated, and also went back Saturday night and helped clean up! You guys rock! :up:

I don't have the total count of donations with me today, but I believe it was around 920! Down from last year, but we expected as much with all of the giving people have done this past year starting with the Tsunami and going through the devastation in New Orleans. Overall, I think the event went GREAT! And none of it would happen without the people in this club. Everyone who participated should be very proud of the work that was done, and know that many children will benefit from what we did as a club with this event.

We are forming a small committee of people that have been involved with this event for the past few years, and we will be working now on this event year round to make it even better in years to come. The website, http://www.jeepsforjoy.org will stay up all year as well.

Thanks again everyone! I wish only the very best of the Holiday Season for all of you.

Paul :xmasbiggrin:

:cmastree: :mrclaus: :mrsclaus: :cmass: :snowman: :snow_laugh: :cmastree:

2011 GWNF Jiffy-Pop Campfire Champion!

Edited once, last by ().

• just got back from Childrens Choice... all of the toys have now been delivered!
    :cmass:

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• sorry i couldnt help out guys. with the recent accusition of Keystone helicopter by Sikorsky helicopter i have been forced (pretty much sums it up) to work 7 hour days, 12 hours a day and currently night shift until saturday (since oct 29th)

i look forward to the toy drive every year and it looks like this was the best one yet...and i missed it.

big thanks to everyone that helped out in my absence. im glad it turned out well.

.stupid work

• I knew I forgot someone.....

Thanks to Jerry and Nichole for taking the donations to Childrens Choice this morning!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!